just as it says. is there a setting to turn this on? i hate not having this.
    03-08-09 10:21 PM
    something could have demagnetized the magnet that your holster uses to put the storm to sleep... not sure how this could happen but i do know it is possible. maybe your holster does not have the magnet? i am by no means trying to under mine your intelligence just trying to post some possible reasons
    03-08-09 10:30 PM
    Is your case made specifically for the storm? I bought a curve case when there were no cases out for the Storm and the magnet is in the wrong place for the Storm to sleep properly. Try sliding your Storm into the case and see if it goes to sleep at any point and then wakes back up. My Storm goes to sleep halfway in the curve case but wakes up when I fully holster it. Magnet is too high up in the case to work. If your case does not put the storm to sleep at any point, make sure there is actually a magnet in there.
    03-08-09 10:47 PM
    i went to verizon and got a new one today. still no hibernate. i dunno. its annoying.
    03-08-09 10:48 PM
    If you've got the plastic Verizon holster, It's crap. Plain and simple. Mine did not put my storm into sleep either. If you want a good holster, check out sidieo.
    03-08-09 10:51 PM
    i went to verizon and got a new one today. still no hibernate. i dunno. its annoying.
    They will sell you a case for the Curve and say it works for the Storm, thats how they sold me one. It fits perfectly but the magnet is definitely in the wrong place to put the Storm to sleep. I have not bought a new one yet, I just lock the phone before I holster it.......
    03-08-09 10:51 PM
    They will sell you a case for the Curve and say it works for the Storm, thats how they sold me one. It fits perfectly but the magnet is definitely in the wrong place to put the Storm to sleep. I have not bought a new one yet, I just lock the phone before I holster it.......
    This may be true, but their Storm marked holster is garbage. Completely.
    03-08-09 10:54 PM
    This may be true, but their Storm marked holster is garbage. Completely.
    I guess I'll have to spend some coin on a decent case when I upgrade. Can't decide if I want another vertical holster with the swivel or if I should go with the side pouch.
    03-08-09 10:57 PM
    well...i guess thats good news. i was really gonna get mad if my 3rd storm was bad too...yes..number 3.
    03-09-09 08:34 PM
    I use the holster with no problems. Check this setting

Options...password. Make sure lock when holstering is turned to yes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 09:36 PM
    I have a 8900....when I put it in the holster it ..goes to sleep.....if i pull it out in less than 5 min or so....it wakes up.....however. if i wait too long...it won't wake up til i hit a key...isn't supposed to wake upon removable...
    04-07-09 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD