When I try to do a manual backup it fails after attempting to back up the call log.Ive tried to delete the call log and everything but it still fails when reading it.

Would like to try the new OS but I dont want to loose my stuff because of a bu in my phone.
    03-03-09 04:03 PM
    Delete the browser cashe. In DM go to Backup/Restore then to Advanced. Scroll down to Browser Cashe and delete/erase. Then try the back up again. don't forget to backup your third party apps as well. You can find out how to do this by searching.
    03-03-09 04:14 PM
    Here is that link. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 04:21 PM
    Delete the browser cashe. In DM go to Backup/Restore then to Advanced. Scroll down to Browser Cashe and delete/erase. Then try the back up again. don't forget to backup your third party apps as well. You can find out how to do this by searching.
    I just did that and even manually backed up the phone logs and now it just fails at another items..Im pulling my all ready thin hair atm!
    03-03-09 05:28 PM

you guys are the greatest. ive been struggling with this prob for weeks. thanks
    03-03-09 06:22 PM
    Out of the blue DM 4.7 issues a backup error when trying to back up "TLS Options." I have been backing up with no problems since November and now...What's going on? It's not Friday the 13th or a full moon.

PS Cleared TLS Options in Advanced (no records indicated) and DM still bombs out at that step in the back up.
    Last edited by hennesseystealth; 03-03-09 at 06:29 PM.
    03-03-09 06:26 PM
    Out of the blue DM 4.7 issues a backup error when trying to back up "TLS Options." I have been backing up with no problems since November and now...What's going on? It's not Friday the 13th or a full moon.
    Its now struck at the phone key options and errors out each time.
    03-03-09 06:28 PM
    cleared browser cache and phone log, no reason to do that other then jollies, and now it backs up fine...
    03-03-09 06:35 PM
    Ok Ive cleared the browser cache pulled the battery. Nothing is working am I just ******** and my phone hates me or is there something I am missing?
    03-03-09 07:04 PM
    Ok Ive cleared the browser cache pulled the battery. Nothing is working am I just ******** and my phone hates me or is there something I am missing?
    Phone hates you

My Vista laptop likes to screw with my head too...Internet is screaming one minute and dead the next...only solution is a reboot. Back to paper, pen, and the US Postal service.
    03-03-09 07:08 PM
    Ive tried this on two different pc's my desktop and laptop. They are made by different peeps and it does the samething. Im guessing its probably my phone being a jackoff...Any clues to how to fix it besides the obvious of throwing it against the wall?
    03-03-09 07:14 PM
    Ive tried this on two different pc's my desktop and laptop. They are made by different peeps and it does the samething. Im guessing its probably my phone being a jackoff...Any clues to how to fix it besides the obvious of throwing it against the wall?
    Restore from an older back up and hope you don't lose too much new data? I really don't have a clue what else to do. Maybe a super brain will chime in.
    03-03-09 07:17 PM
    Restore from an older back up and hope you don't lose too much new data? I really don't have a clue what else to do. Maybe a super brain will chime in.
    LOL thanks mate, but thats just it I dont have any other backups Ive had the phone like a month and never thought about backing it up until a couple days ago. I hate to use the officail BB forums but I guess its worth a shot :P.
    03-03-09 07:21 PM
    Before you give up, try rebooting your PC if you have not already done that. If that does not work, try another version of DM. I had a lot of trouble with 4.7 and moved back to 4.6 and it seems to be more stable.

You can find the DM versions on the Blackberry web site. Uninstall DM 4.7, download and install DM 4.6.

Double check to be sure you cleared the brownser cache as described above and also clear it on you phone.

Good luck
    03-03-09 07:48 PM
    If all else fails, use the Advanced under Backup and Restore to save as many items as you can by moving them from the right pane to the left pane, selecting many at a time, and working around hangups. RIM knows this is a problem and they REALLY, REALLY need to address this issue if they want to continue as designers of professional communications equipment.

Doctor Neutron
    03-03-09 08:45 PM
    Before you give up, try rebooting your PC if you have not already done that. If that does not work, try another version of DM. I had a lot of trouble with 4.7 and moved back to 4.6 and it seems to be more stable.

You can find the DM versions on the Blackberry web site. Uninstall DM 4.7, download and install DM 4.6.

Double check to be sure you cleared the brownser cache as described above and also clear it on you phone.

Good luck
    Thanks mate but still nothing...get to the key store options and fails. Ive delteed those option and everything but nothing.
    03-03-09 08:55 PM
    clear browser cache
    03-03-09 09:47 PM
    I was having the same problems and I performed a battery pull, reinstalled the DM software, deleted my browser cache, and also all my call logs and it finaly created a backup...
    03-03-09 09:49 PM
    The key to successful backup using Desktop Manager is to CLEAR the Browser Data Cache.
    Go into Backup/Restore > Advanced
    Scroll down on the right side until Browser Data Cache is selected
    Click on Clear

Back out of Advanced
    Click on Backup

It will work every time.

(No matter where it seems to be hanging up, it is caused by the Browser Data Cache)
    03-03-09 09:51 PM
    Ok everybody keeps saying clear the cache.....

Apparently your reading my first post and not any of the follow up. I have done everything here and it still fails. I'm sorry if I sound like a **** but I do know how to follow directions even tho I cant spell. Ive tried this on two systems two different DM versions and it still wont work.

I appreciate all the suggestions but I guess its time to call BlackBerry and pitch a fit with tech support. Thanks again to those of you that have tried to help me with this crazy problem.
    03-04-09 06:12 AM
    Ok so I said screw it and just blind updated to .109 and no problems . Thanks everybody that tried to help me.
    03-04-09 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD