I am so dissapointed with Verion's Blackberry storm launch. I ordered this phone(spoke to someone who took down my CC and put me through this whole 2 year upgrade thing) and was promised AND PAYED FOR Saturday delivery. It is now November 25th and I have no tracking number and I'm told December 5th. I am so dissapointed because I have been with Verizon for over 8 years, have 5 lines of service and a VIP. Furthermore, I've been jerked around during this whole process. First the 22nd, then the 25th, then the 5th, and now the 8th. I'm not an angry person, I'm a very calm and cool person, but this has left a very bitter taste in my mouth. I don't know how t handle this so I'm goign to speak with a supervisor and voice my distaste and hope he can help me out...I don't even know what he can do, but atleast they will know a customer is happy and that this is not the way business should be conducted.
    11-25-08 04:06 PM
    UPDATE: I spoke to a VERY nice manager named Paris and she gave me a $25 Credit and a free hard case with my order to aplogize. I declined her but she forced it on me. My order is pending to be shipped tommorow which means a Tuesday delivery date...whatever. I'm so done with worrying now.
    11-25-08 04:16 PM
    It's nice to hear that instead of simply complaining, you tried to rectify the situation. Hopefully you enjoy both your phone and your free hard case.
    11-25-08 04:18 PM
    Should have gone for all the free stuff and ask them to ship overnight at their cost for Friday or Saturday. Least they could have done.
    11-25-08 04:20 PM
    Same deal w/ me...

I was contacted 3 weeks ago, and promised the phone, upgraded the plan, the whole deal....and was assured that I'd be called on the Nov 21. When i offered to go into the store and buy one on the release day, he said that they would probably sell out and that the only way to guarantee that I'd get one was to wait for their phone call on that Friday (21st).

I waited till about 7pm on Friday before I took the initiative and decided to call them. The mensa member i finally reached informed me that they had sold out and that the earliest I could expect the phone was 5 days after Dec 5. I asked him what the purpose of me upgrading my plan, the VIP letter, and them soliciting me was when they didn't even have the phone. He said that they were doing me a favor by allowing me to get out of my current plan early.

Once I explained that the onus was on them to call me, and not the reverse, he said that they would've eventually called me w/in the next couple days. Good thing I didn't wait b/c i saw people who called after Friday were put on a later waiting list.

I bitched and complained to the rocket scientist, and he said that he would be glad to overnight it to me at their expense. So I said, "OK, so I can expect it on the 6th of Dec" (since it was to be shipped on the 5th), and he informed me that I'd receive it on the 10th.

So Dec 5 + 1 day = Dec 10.....only in Verizon bizaro world.
    11-25-08 04:25 PM
    atleast you can order it we cant even do that here in Canada!!
    11-25-08 04:27 PM
    atleast you can order it we cant even do that here in Canada!!
    Perhaps you should be thankful. Maybe RIM will fix the hardware/software issues with it before it comes to your carrier. One can hope...
    11-25-08 04:29 PM
    Just called.....one guy said the 15th, the next guy said the 5th, and the supervisor said that it had already been shipped. I can't believe this company is run this way. How the **** did they become the largest wireless carrier w/ such bureaucracy and ineptitude.
    11-25-08 05:10 PM
    I can't believe this company is run this way. How the **** did they become the largest wireless carrier w/ such bureaucracy and ineptitude.
    I'm sure this is not the experience Verizon would like you to have but their reputation is made or broken by the person(s) who answer your call.
    11-25-08 06:20 PM
    I'm sure this is not the experience Verizon would like you to have but their reputation is made or broken by the person(s) who answer your call.
    Msgadget, you are absolutely correct, and I would never say that a few conversations are emblematic of an entire corporate culture, but this is beyond the pale.

Since my last post, I've spoken to four more people......after being told by one supervisor that my order had been shipped, I decided to attain further proof by requesting a tracking number. Lo and behold, none existed b/c my order had never actually been processed.

So after my initial phone call on the 14th, the next one of the 21st, and my 8 separate calls tonight, my order was processed for the first time as of 7:30pm TODAY. The fact that the right hand doesn't talk to the left worked in my favor as I beat them up and got a few extra goodies, but doesn't remove the fact that the Storm has suffered the worst conceived, implemented, and remedied rollout of any product since the Edsel.
    11-25-08 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD