New problem with .86. Yesterday i was watching a movie using the BlackBerry headphones, without issue. However, nbow the phone is stuck in headphone mode, even after I unplug the headphones. I have done multiple bat. pulls, but the headphone symbol remains when making a call and i can not hear anything. I have also tried plugging the headphones back in. I can hear the call, but once unplugged I can not. Help?
    01-19-09 05:38 PM
    This happened to me before, but on my laptop, I pulled my headphones out(probably to fast or the wrong way) and the laptop still thought my headphones were plugged in. I took a q-tip, took the cotton off one end and looked for a white trigger and flipped it back down, problem resolved. If you dont want to deal with it, bring it into a verizon store, im sure a store tech should be able to resolve it, IF this is the issue. If it's software related, I'd probably install an official OS before bringing it into the store!!
    Last edited by Beau79; 01-19-09 at 05:56 PM.
    01-19-09 05:52 PM
    Thanks, it is clearly a fluke hardware issue.
    01-19-09 08:51 PM
    I had this happen too. I just pulled the headphone in and out until I got it to switch over. Very annoying and obviously a hardware problem.
    01-19-09 08:53 PM
    same thing happened to me.. I did the unlplug and replug and unplug headphone method and it solved the issue..
    01-19-09 09:21 PM
    Same thing happened to me. I have OS .85 loaded.

I noticed that the headset indicator remained on whenever I tried to use the phone. Last thing I was doing prior to the handset not working was listening to music.

Went back to the music app. While playing a song, I hit the menu button and saw ACTIVATE SPEAKERPHONE and ACTIVATE HANDSET. Selecting ACTIVATE HANDSET fixed my phone issue.

Depending upon what speaker mode you are using, you will either see ACTIVATE HANDSET, ACTIVATE HEADSET or ACTIVATE SPEAKERPHONE.

Have never had this issue before, but this seems to work...so far.
    kneebarking likes this.
    01-24-09 06:12 PM
    I started having this same problem after that os update... I tried everything in these forums and NOTHING has worked for me and I can see none of these methods have worked for a lot of people... I found that the only thing that works is this:

battery pull while the phone is still powered on then wait 5 minutes, plug in the headphones and then plug the battery back in, turn on the phone and then make a call, activate speaker phone and then unplug the headphones while the call is still going then hang up once the headphones are unplugged.

This seems to solve it but only temporarily.. usually 4-5 days later the problem comes back and you have to re-peat this process again.
    kneebarking likes this.
    08-14-09 01:40 AM
    i had the same problem. i went to the phone app, called a number, hit the blackberry button and then activate handset. works like new again.

thanks RMK
    kneebarking likes this.
    08-25-09 10:05 PM
    This worked out great. Thank you so much.
    08-03-13 10:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD