Isn't the screen suppose to lock when the user is on a call? I just assumed that it would, mine does not. I have to hold the phone away from my face so I won't keep clicking on items with my face during a call. Am I the only one? What can I do? I went to a verizon store and they did nothing for me. Help...
    12-18-08 03:15 AM
    no it does not ...it has been covered a million times....lol
    12-18-08 03:16 AM
    Oh...well I searched and didn't see anything, thanks anyway
    12-18-08 03:17 AM
    I'm not sure if you're looking for a fix, but I remember reading that you can prevent hitting mute and those other buttons by hitting the back button to get to the home screen while on a call. You will still hit buttons, but it won't be the mute button! lol
    12-18-08 03:51 AM
    ^^^Thanks good idea!
    12-18-08 04:15 AM
    U
    This is not much of a fix because then you won't have access to the keypad or if you do actually want to mute the phone. Its more of a temporary band aid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 04:32 AM
    U
    This is not much of a fix because then you won't have access to the keypad or if you do actually want to mute the phone. Its more of a temporary band aid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Very true. That's why I don't use that fix, but it works for some people who don't use those other options frequently. Oh and I found a thread that was talking about making an app to solve this issue completely.

So I've run into this a few times, and have written a little app to help. Inspired by the "slide to unlock" feature on the iphone, this app listens for a phone call, and after your call is conected, takes over the screen and intercepts all touch events. As a result, accidental "chin presses" and such don't do anything.

When you end a call, the lock is automatically removed. You can also unlock it by hand at any time by sliding your finger across the touch screen.

The attached picture provides an example. If you think this might help, I'll make it available for (free) download.

Mike Walker
    CellAvant, Inc.
    BlackBerry Application Developer, BlackBerry Alliance Member Developer

This can be found in this thread.. http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/sto...thread-111477/
    12-18-08 04:48 AM
    Take it easy on the new poster. He/She will learn how to navigate around the forums soon enough. The crackberry forums is suppose to welcome everybody who wants to join and if they have a question that's been discussed repeatedly then we just let him know about the search feature and give them an answer! Plus, it's the holidays!
    12-18-08 05:12 AM
    12-18-08 05:51 AM
    Wow. ease up. The OP is new and will learn the finer points of accurate searching in short time. It amazes me how you would take time out of your day to search for every thread on this subject and post it, simply to prove your point and make the OP look foolish. Well, the only thing you accomplished was to make yourself look foolish. This is why so many people are hesitant to post here lately.
    Yeah whatever...***** at me all you want. It's pretty obvious the poster "claimed" to have searched but really never even bothered. But hey go ahead and stick up for the people that are cluttering this forum all to ****. Enjoy yourself next time you need to search for something and it takes you a half an hour.
    12-18-08 09:46 PM
    Yeah whatever...***** at me all you want. It's pretty obvious the poster "claimed" to have searched but really never even bothered. But hey go ahead and stick up for the people that are cluttering this forum all to ****. Enjoy yourself next time you need to search for something and it takes you a half an hour.
    I know I'm late on this but I just had to say what an a$$hole. True it was my first time posting and I tried to search but wasn't successful. Now I've learned to search more effectively, so yeah thanks for the warm welcome. Oh, and thanks for doing all the work for me...
    12-31-08 12:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD