I think I've seen this topic posted a few times and the initiator is ridiculed (super...) but I haven't been able to figure out the proper way to set the phone.

When I put the phone into vibrate mode, I still get the sounds when the one person in my contact list who has custom ringtones either calls or messages me. What's the proper way to set the phone so that when it goes into vibrate mode, the phone will only vibrate when this person contacts me? Right now I am in the settings for this particular person and I've got vibrate set to "active profile." But when I do that, the phone just vibrates first and then makes the sound anyways. Is there a more advanced setting I'm missing?

Any help you guys can provide would be great!
    12-02-08 05:11 PM
    this has been addressed and i don't really remember the OPs getting flammed because many have discussed this bug, seems to happen in the holster and when you have special alerts set, they override the active profile, current solution is to make a new sound profile

if you search you can see this has been discussed but i am in a good mood tonight so i figured i would provide a useful response
    12-02-08 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD