My ringtones have been all screwed up. Seems to me that they are pretty random. Sometimes, my phone will use the selected ringtone, sometimes just beep or vibrate...

But today I had it in vibrate only and I got a call and it started playing the Cops theme song at full volume! I turned it off and checked the settings. Yep, Vibrate only mode is still selected! This is Totaly not acceptable in a professional environment. To top it off everyone is on a blackberry at work, so who is going to believe me that it is not my fault!

I dont have any ringtone software installed, just a few clips I emailed from this website...

Unlike many people, I really like this phone... But I will have to return it if there is no solution to fix this behavior... I'm afraid to update any firmware because I can get the flasher / Wipe tool to work in vista 64 should I need to restore the old one to return it.
    01-15-09 10:39 PM
    I had this same issue, if you are using the latest official release of the OS then this is a known bug. I updated to the Leaked .85 and now my phone properly rings/vibrates according to the active profile. Hope this helps.

PS. Correct me if im wrong, im new to the BB world but this is what i was told to fix mine.

Have fun CrackHead!

EDIT: Heres the link to my thread ----> http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/pro...estion-127583/

EDIT: Option 2, Create a custom profile and set all alerts to vibrate, that worked for me untill i was able to update to .85
    Last edited by krazykid6911; 01-15-09 at 10:52 PM.
    01-15-09 10:47 PM
    Check under Advanced in your profiles mode and see if you have any exceptions made where it says "Use active profile except for"...
    01-15-09 10:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD