I usually use a bluetooth headset. When the phone rings, I hear it ring in the bluetooth as I should. Today was the first time I uesd the wired headset that came with the phone. I wear it while skiing so I can answer a call without having to deal with my helmet, gloves, etc (no music while on the slopes, only when hiking up to the backcountry). Anyway, I discovered that when the phone rings, it does not ring through the hedset. :-( Even worse, when I press the button on the headset to answer the call, I get about a second worth of the phone ring come blasting through the headset, and then the call answers.
    Has anyone else had this happen? Is there a setting or something to change so that the phone will ring properly in the headset? Again, this is while using the wired headset that came with the phone. I can't use my bluetooth headset on the slopes because it won't fit under my helmet (plus I am looking forward to having my music available while hiking to the backcountry). Any advice?
    Thanks
    Last edited by albertdc; 12-17-08 at 09:10 PM.
    12-17-08 05:54 PM
    Wow, already 4 pages down...so sorry...bump.
    12-17-08 09:09 PM
    I still have this problem even after going to .83. Has anyone had this problem? Any ideas how to get the ringtone to come through the headset?
    12-23-08 04:43 PM
    I have the same issue with the Storm. I just got it a week ago and missed some calls while driving, assuming it would ring in the ear buds.
    I don't have a solution yet, but if I find one, I'll pass it along.
    06-12-09 12:02 PM
    I had this working on the 9550 now it doesn't work... Someone needs to help with this, it was nice to have it ring in my headset since I wear hearing protection for my job and to know if I get a txt or call it would let me know.
    03-30-10 06:44 PM
    I think I found a work-around. I downloaded the free version of "Caller ID reader" from app world. I set the phone to vibrate and set the program audio output settings to "Headphones/Other. When I get a phone call, it announces the caller's name or phone number through the wired head set. I am using a Bold 9650 with OS6.
    12-14-10 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD