Tried doing a search, only found one thread with no replies to the original poster, so I'll try my own.

When I am on a call, my phone may sometimes rotate to landscape view during such an event (occurs when I am laying down). When this happens, the phone will automatically go to speakerphone, which is quite annoying.

Is this a problem that others are facing, or is fairly uncommon?

Any fix?

Thanks.
    01-10-09 11:39 PM
    Have you tried the all mighty battery pull? This sometimes will resolve your problem. you have probably tried it already, but if you haven't, try that and see what happens. If you have, call tech service, or see if someone else can help you, since I'm lost.

Sorry, hope what I said can help in any way.
    01-10-09 11:49 PM
    I have never heard of this. I would definitely try a battery pull or a wipe and os reinstall.
    01-11-09 12:05 AM
    Never heard of this either. What Os version are you running?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 02:00 AM
    The phone app does not switch orientation away from Portrait. It's locked into that mode only. What you're doing is your face is clicking the speaker button the screen because you're pressing on the screen while you're laying down. This issue has been discussed extensively.
    01-11-09 02:43 AM
    The phone app does not switch orientation away from Portrait. It's locked into that mode only. What you're doing is your face is clicking the speaker button the screen because you're pressing on the screen while you're laying down. This issue has been discussed extensively.
    ahh, that does make sense. how could I not have thought of that?

Sorry I couldn't help in trying to help you OP... always listen to Civic, he knows what he is talking about!
    01-11-09 02:48 AM
    The phone app does not switch orientation away from Portrait. It's locked into that mode only.
    Odd. Because if I'm receiving a call, if I tilt the phone too much while trying to answer the accelerometer kicks in and places the incoming call screen of the phone app into landscape.
    01-11-09 04:02 AM
    The phone can be used in landscape once a call is dialed or someone is calling you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 04:05 AM
    I respectfully disagree, Civic. I believe you in that the Storm is supposed to be locked into portrait while on a call, but I do know what I am looking at when this issue occurs. It is not a matter of using my cheek to press the screen in, as I have conducted a test to ensure this is true. While on a call, I held the phone away from my face, rotated the device, and had the speakerphone turn on.

On a side note, I am on .75, and battery pulls have not rectified the problem.

I suppose it is time for a call to VZW.
    01-11-09 01:42 PM
    You could call Verizon or you could update your OS and see if it still persists. i doubt a CB genius would be running OS .75 still, so he is probably telling you what he sees with his Storm.
    01-11-09 01:51 PM
    I am having this same issue... I used the phone like crazy last night, and didnt happen once... Then today all of a sudden it started doing exactly what the OP describes... Speakerphone kicks on, you look at the screen and its landscape instead of portrait, and has no option to turn Speakerphone back off.
    02-04-09 02:20 PM
    You can turn off speakerphone via the blackberry button, press it then select activate Headset, vice versa works to activate the speakphone when you lose the onscreen controls.

I think Civic is right either way, your cheek is turning on the speakerphone. Get Talklock or Stormlock to prevent this.
    02-04-09 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD