I've tried to see how to end or close this thread.

Darth! I believe you, and you are now having to spend your personal time defending verizon.

Let's stop any comments directed at Darth because he is helping us to clarify. Darth, Truce. If anything can be taken from this, Darth, please as I know you probably already have, do anything you can to inform the community of information that doesn't put your job at risk, but would give verizon users solid information when the update is coming.

Let's again, close this thread, how do I do it?
    Only a moderator can close a thread.
    04-07-09 11:33 PM
    I've tried to see how to end or close this thread.

Darth! I believe you, and you are now having to spend your personal time defending verizon.

Let's stop any comments directed at Darth because he is helping us to clarify. Darth, Truce. If anything can be taken from this, Darth, please as I know you probably already have, do anything you can to inform the community of information that doesn't put your job at risk, but would give verizon users solid information when the update is coming.

Let's again, close this thread, how do I do it?
    You can believe him all you want but he's still wrong. He's not helping us to clarify anything, he is giving false information which messes with people who don't know any better.
    04-07-09 11:37 PM
    Even with bunnies reputations...they're gonna have to really get on it to cover this thread.
    04-07-09 11:42 PM
    the problem is perception of given information, not misinformation. people wanna read into things and have this amazing insight, when the bottom line is they don't have the foundation of fundamental information of the situation to create those speculative thoughts or form opinions about the topic. if you don't know, say so. ask, maybe you'll learn something! the first rule is to admit you don't know everything, and then after that you'll be a much better person. open to new information and points of view, etc.
    04-08-09 12:27 AM
    the problem is perception of given information, not misinformation. people wanna read into things and have this amazing insight, when the bottom line is they don't have the foundation of fundamental information of the situation to create those speculative thoughts or form opinions about the topic. if you don't know, say so. ask, maybe you'll learn something! the first rule is to admit you don't know everything, and then after that you'll be a much better person. open to new information and points of view, etc.
    Couple this issue with a technology (and for that matter human) tendency in general. If someone DOES open their mind to another point of view, they latch on to the information that fits their way of thinking. I need only refer to the thread in which someone thought it was a "hot tip" that the Niagra would be out on May 9th because he heard it from a kiosk rep whom the week before may have been blending orange julius. One wrong piece of information with a *slightly* positive "opportunity" can't be counteracted by 15 negative reactions stating how unrealistic and flat out dumb an idea is. Now that I think of it...I really need to figure out some sort of Nigerian scam involving storm OS', it could make a fortune.
    04-08-09 12:33 AM
    but it's free airtime to call *611, let's jam their lines up to prevent people with legitimate issues from getting through so we can whine about an OS update that isn't urgently needed...the official OS works perfectly fine.
    04-08-09 01:39 AM
    but it's free airtime to call *611, let's jam their lines up to prevent people with legitimate issues from getting through so we can whine about an OS update that isn't urgently needed...the official OS works perfectly fine.
    I know I'd be super happy waiting through 20 minute hold time when I can't make or receive calls because someone thought it would be a good idea to waste their time and the time of a rep who could actually be helping people rather than listening to a rant they can do nothing about.
    04-08-09 01:48 AM
    i say we take a page from the duder..."f*ck it"...
    04-08-09 01:49 AM
    btw, i've been to lincoln...no wonder you're up so late! theres nothing to do all day but sleep! night owl FTW!
    04-08-09 01:50 AM
    Wow...thanks for the heads up. Every night about 10 I say to myself, I'm going to go to bed early tonight. And every morning at 2 I realize I've again hoped on board the S.S Failboat.
    04-08-09 01:52 AM
    one day nebraska will be successful at something again, and then you can off load the failboat and partake of the win sauce of ye olde days...

btw we win at hijacking threads...so efficently too!
    04-08-09 01:58 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD