PhantomSkinz wishes to thank all the Crackberry's that emailed and left phone messages to us this past weekend. Obviously we were very busy with the launch of the Storm. Typically we try and call or email everyone back privately with answers to questions. However, we have noticed that we are getting many of the same questions and feel that responding through your forum will save us some time and hopefully educate a larger audience. So, here is our first list of questions and our responses....

Q - How does your product compare to the growing numbers of competitors?
    A - PhantomSkinz does recognize that there are a growing number of competitors and we get this question often. All of our competitors (like InvisibleShield / Zagg, Ghost Armor, Body Guardz, etc.) have something unique about them. However, we also realize that our audience is educated enough to not accept marketing comments as facts. That being said, we feel that our advantages are 1) having the clearest product in the industry, 2) supplying 2 patterns in each kit, and 3) offering the most complete skin coverage for the Storm.

Q - When is your pattern going to be released?
    A - We released our pattern Monday the 24th and are happy to say that as of right now, we have filled the 1,100+ orders that we had for the Storm. If you have ordered from us, your kit is in the mail.

Q - What does your pattern look like and where can I see it?
    A - Our pattern is now shown as a transparency on our web site. Click on the Storm under the Featured Products on our Home Page. We are also attaching the transparency to this thread.

We know that the next question is going to be "Can you show pictures of your pattern installed?". We are going to post those on a separate thread, but please pay particular attention to the coverage that our pattern provides. This is one of the most comprehensive patterns that we have ever designed and covers as much of the phone as possible, including the chrome bezel.

Thank you for your attention and feel free to ask other questions to us directly through this forum. We will be looking for them. For immediate answers, feel free to contact us directly.
    11-25-08 06:47 PM
    And another joins the competition. Dum dum dummmm....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 06:50 PM
    Never heard of you guys but will look into it. Gotta give you a chance ya know, i like to leave my options open.

11-25-08 06:51 PM
    Question.. how do you cover the device curves without rippling?

Is the material that flexible that it will bond to curves and stay there?
    11-25-08 07:05 PM
    Question.. how do you cover the device curves without rippling?

Is the material that flexible that it will bond to curves and stay there?
    We designed this pattern to take that into effect. The material is flexible as well. Installations just take some patience. I am attaching a photo of my storm with this reply. Feel free to try and zoom in on the photo. You will see no "ripples". I am trying to edit some photos for posting tomorrow that shows how good our pattern looks installed. We do recommend that you review our "Tech Tips" section of our web site.
    11-25-08 07:22 PM
    Wait does this mean that there are 2 protectors instead of one shield if we mess up?
    11-25-08 07:27 PM
    What is PhantomSkinz's official position on the use of water in the application and the gap around the edges of the screen? Do you really believe that it won't create problems with water getting in between the glass and the LCD?
    11-25-08 07:41 PM
    Wait does this mean that there are 2 protectors instead of one shield if we mess up?
    Slim, You are right. If you order a Full body kit, you get 2 in the package. if you order the Screen Only Kit, you get 2
    11-25-08 08:10 PM
    What is PhantomSkinz's official position on the use of water in the application and the gap around the edges of the screen? Do you really believe that it won't create problems with water getting in between the glass and the LCD?
    kf,

Great Question. Yes we use water during our installation. We also use a small amount of Johnson's Baby Wash (1-2 drops in 32 ounces) in a trigger sprayer when we do installs at our design studio (we do hundreds of applications/reapplications a week in our studio). On this phone especially, be very careful and use a sprayer to mist the film . Also, have a towel/rag close to absorb any excess water immediately when squeegeeing each stroke. Now the facts...We used 2 REAL phones to draw our pattern on, not a non-working display phone. That means that we probably installed and removed pieces of the pattern 2-5 times, including the screen. We followed our own advice above and each of our phones look great, operate great, and we did not have a reaction with the water indicator tab inside the back of the phone.

In reality, the application is common sense. Our web site has a new, short installation video for the Blackberry Bold 9000. Although done on a display phone from Rogers, we have done dozens of installations following that same procedure.

Thanks for the question!
    11-25-08 08:22 PM
    Guru, compared to InvisibleSHIELD and Ghost armor, does your product cover more area of the Storm? And how about the texture of the skin, is it rubbery for added grip? How's the sensitivity with the screen? Will your finger drag smoothly? Thanks in advance!
    11-25-08 08:34 PM
    kf,

Great Question. Yes we use water during our installation. We also use a small amount of Johnson's Baby Wash (1-2 drops in 32 ounces) in a trigger sprayer when we do installs at our design studio (we do hundreds of applications/reapplications a week in our studio). On this phone especially, be very careful and use a sprayer to mist the film . Also, have a towel/rag close to absorb any excess water immediately when squeegeeing each stroke. Now the facts...We used 2 REAL phones to draw our pattern on, not a non-working display phone. That means that we probably installed and removed pieces of the pattern 2-5 times, including the screen. We followed our own advice above and each of our phones look great, operate great, and we did not have a reaction with the water indicator tab inside the back of the phone.

In reality, the application is common sense. Our web site has a new, short installation video for the Blackberry Bold 9000. Although done on a display phone from Rogers, we have done dozens of installations following that same procedure.

Thanks for the question!
    Where is ur company based?

11-25-08 09:01 PM
    Where is ur company based?

We are based in metro Phoenix, AZ.
    11-26-08 08:47 AM
    Do you guys so installs at your location. I am in Phoenix and would like to have someone do it for me rather than f*&king it up myself.
    11-26-08 09:29 AM
    Hey, thanks for the answers....

11-26-08 09:49 AM
    Guru, compared to InvisibleSHIELD and Ghost armor, does your product cover more area of the Storm? And how about the texture of the skin, is it rubbery for added grip? How's the sensitivity with the screen? Will your finger drag smoothly? Thanks in advance!
    Tumaz,

Again, great questions.

Coverage - We feel that we do cover more of the phone than "the other guys". In fact, we spent a tremendous amount of time in drawing this pattern to ensure that it was easy to install, yet covers everything possible. We took our old drawing habits and threw them out of the window. We have 10 pieces (including the buttons) that does exactly that. I will be posting pics today under a separate thread that shows the Storm with PhantomSkinz coverage.

Texture - that can be answered 2 ways. Our film is "as clear or clearer" than "the other guys". What I mean is that there is less "orange peel" and the resulting surface is flatter. Ours is clear coated as well. This gives our product "less grip" which we feel is better/preferred if you keep your phone in your pocket as I do.

Sensitivity - PhantomSkinz covered phones act the exact same and as though the phone had no skin on it at all. Your finger slides on the screen and is not tacky.

Thanks for the questions.
    11-26-08 10:50 AM
    Thank you.

11-26-08 10:58 AM
    Do you guys so installs at your location. I am in Phoenix and would like to have someone do it for me rather than f*&king it up myself.
    dargi,

I am glad that you asked this question. YES we do installs. In fact, if you call our main office number and schedule an appointment, we will install the skin for FREE. This should save you $10 - $20 from going to the mall. All you pay for is the skin. We have been doing this for months.

And while you are here, ask us questions. Within reason, we are very open to questions and love showing why PhantomSkinz offers a better product. Maybe you can be a non-biased representative for the CB Forum and do a mini interview?
    11-26-08 10:58 AM
    So about the tool you use to squeegee out the bubbles and liquid, is a card or an actual squeegee like GA and IS have? And what is it made out of? Not plastic hopedfully....

11-26-08 11:29 AM
    dargi,

I am glad that you asked this question. YES we do installs. In fact, if you call our main office number and schedule an appointment, we will install the skin for FREE. This should save you $10 - $20 from going to the mall. All you pay for is the skin. We have been doing this for months.

And while you are here, ask us questions. Within reason, we are very open to questions and love showing why PhantomSkinz offers a better product. Maybe you can be a non-biased representative for the CB Forum and do a mini interview?
    You're in Phoenix ????
    Will our BB's still fit in the charging pods with phantomskinz on?? It has been reported that Invisible Shield makes the storm too big to fit in the pod....
    Last edited by fonebrkr; 11-26-08 at 11:42 AM. Reason: poor spelling and grammar
    11-26-08 11:35 AM
    So about the tool you use to squeegee out the bubbles and liquid, is a card or an actual squeegee like GA and IS have? And what is it made out of? Not plastic hopedfully....

Tumaz,

At this time we ship a flexible plastic card with our patterns to aid in the application. However, we are launching a "Pro Installers Kit" in the 1st Quarter 2008 that will include a rubber squeegee as well as other cool tools. Details on this will be out in a couple of months.

That being said, we have sold thousands of kits and do not receive negative comments about the Application Tool.
    11-26-08 11:36 AM
    i just ordered one of these after reading this thread. The reason I went with this is b/c of your professionalism and not "bashing" your comp, which means to me you believe in your product. I'll post a review once i recieve it and put it all on.
    11-26-08 11:40 AM
    How many pieces are there for the Storm?
    11-26-08 11:52 AM
    He said ten earlier crishchun. And guru, you probably mean the first quarter of 09'.

11-26-08 11:56 AM
    i just ordered one of these after reading this thread. The reason I went with this is b/c of your professionalism and not "bashing" your comp, which means to me you believe in your product. I'll post a review once i recieve it and put it all on.
    Will be looking forward to it! Right now I won't be looking to get my storm till about the middle of december, so at least i've got time to sift through product reviews and make a decision.

11-26-08 11:59 AM
    He said ten earlier crishchun. And guru, you probably mean the first quarter of 09'.

Just saw that post, thanks!

Your product sounds fantastic and very durable. I'll be placing an order soon.
    11-26-08 12:00 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD