So, I have noticed this on my phone in the last week or so, the number started at about 6 or 8 messages, and has steadily climbed up every few days, now there are 18 "new" messages on my phone, which is actually a complete lie, unless there is a place i am not looking where my messages are going that I can't find.

I have checked all I can think of, both the email accounts on my storm have been check as well as purged using the "delete prior" function. I have cleaned out my voice mail box of all 6 messages in there, and I even deleted everything that was listed under the standard "messages" icon. I have also checked all of my instant messaging clients to see if one of those had been logged in for an entire week and had been generating messages. So far, I can not get the "18 new messages" to diminish in number, or go away all together.

Has anyone seen this before, I have checked everything I can think of, and still... Nothing...
    04-30-09 12:48 PM
    Have you tried doing battery pull to get it to clear?
    04-30-09 12:50 PM
    sure have.
    04-30-09 12:51 PM
    Yeah I guess that was kinda a dumb question seeing that it started last week LOL you have for sure done one since then for some reason memory etc... Never really heard of this one sorry
    04-30-09 12:57 PM
    Did you by chance hide the general mail box and it is registering missed calls in it?
    04-30-09 01:01 PM
    Okay are you sure they are not missed calls? Have you checked to see if they are saved messages? Have you been to your general messages folder and hit u for unread message? What type of icon is beside the messages?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-09 01:03 PM
    check, check, and check.

I completely cleared everything from the General messages folder.

messages that were saved wont show up as "new messages" besides i don't save any, i just delete voice mails as i get them.

I deleted every email from both mailboxes, my personal, and work account.

I checked my call logs, and i don't have any listed there.

Yesterday it just went up from 15 to 18, two of them were while the phone was sitting in my lap, it vibrated, i picked it up to look for the messages, or the missed calls and there wasn't anything to be found, anywhere. That is why it is so confusing, I have had this device for quite some time, and this is a new problem within a week or so. It's not like the overall message function chances either. The "18 new messages" doesn't increase when i get a missed call, or an email.... it's very strange.

I am probably going to save my contacts and start over.
    04-30-09 02:12 PM
    how about in the SMS and MMS list?
    04-30-09 02:14 PM
    hm, good point... Now that you mention it I all of a sudden don't have SMS or MMS messaging icons on the main page... I hadn't gotten, or sent a text in so long I didn't think to check those, the kicker is where do I find those locations of they just aren't displaying in the main set of menus?
    04-30-09 02:19 PM
    Try the home screen blackberry button show all probably hidden

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-09 02:24 PM
    found them...

Thanks for the help. I forgot about SMS and MMS since for some reason the icons are missing, i am not sure why, or where they went, but I found the problem so thanks for the help all.
    04-30-09 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD