I'm a newbie to blackberries. The Storm is my first. I have a question.

When sending personal emails (yahoo) from my Storm, is there a way to add my name (display name) for the outgoing message instead of it showing just my email address on the receiving side of the message?

Hopefully this makes sense. Can someone help me?
    11-24-08 03:03 PM
    umm go into email options in advanced options .. if its not there then .. no . sorry
    11-24-08 03:14 PM

When sending personal emails (yahoo) from my Storm, is there a way to add my name (display name) for the outgoing message instead of it showing just my email address on the receiving side of the message?

I think you can do it on the phone but you can definitely do it from the BIS website:

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw&locale=en

Login and you'll be able to edit your email accounts configured with display name.

If you haven't created a login yet, goto Email Setup on your phone, hit the menu button and there will be an option to "Create username".
    11-24-08 03:17 PM

Yes, log into the BIS website and you can change how you would like your name to appear.
    11-24-08 03:33 PM
    I figured it out. You go to the 'setup' folder, go to 'email settings'. Your email accounts will be listed. Choose the one you want to edit. Change the 'Your Name' field.....that is the field that will be displayed when sending an email from your blackberry.

These blackberries are really cool.....

How is everyone else liking their Storms?
    11-24-08 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD