Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Permanently Locked

I bought a used Storm, and wanted to unlock it to use on my TMobile account. I bought an unlock code from UniquePhones.com, and I dont know if it was a bogus code or what. (they gave me 3 different codes)

With the original Verizon SIM installed, I followed the instructions exactly, but none of the codes worked. I wrote the numbers down and tried them repeatedly to make sure I got it correct, not knowing this might permanently lock my phone. Now it seems that is exactly what happened.

Now the question is, can this be fixed? UniquePhones is no longer getting back to me and I've been searching this forum for possible fixes. Tried using JL CMDR to wipe and re-install. Got the reinstall done but under the SIM info on my phone it reads: SIM Disabled, Network Blocked

I'm pissed at UniquePhones!!
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    T? Yes, please.

If memory serves, you get ten attempts to unlock the phone. After that you are pretty much screwed. Maybe should've done some research first , sorry but ya got noone else to blame but yourself. I think ya might have a chance if ya contact RIM, not for sure though. I seem to recall others successfully doing this, but as said... not certain.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    2178B113

uniquephones has also screwed me over. I vowed never to use them again. Im sorry you got screwed mate. That company is nothing but theives and their support is by far the worst I have ever experienced. go to the company in my sig. They were fast and answered any questions I had.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Actually, I did do research, and it was on this forum. And I used UniquePhones.com because it was recommended in the sticky. I previously unlocked a Curve with no trouble at all, so I didn't think it would be an issue.
    CrackBerry Addict

but given 3 different codes? that is a little crazy.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    ASK!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Craterz View Post
    If memory serves, you get ten attempts to unlock the phone. After that you are pretty much screwed. Maybe should've done some research first , sorry but ya got no one else to blame but yourself. I think ya might have a chance if ya contact RIM, not for sure though. I seem to recall others successfully doing this, but as said... not certain.

He was talking about the codes to unlocked service not the password lock. Maybe you should've done some research. Anyway, file a complaint if the unique phones does not assist you and/or do what crakky says because you deserve better support for your phone being locked out of any service.

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    PIN
    3053A00D

Aren't you supposed to put a SIM other than the Verizon one in the phone to unlock it? That's what VZW told me to do with mine. Put a different SIM in the phone go through the unlock steps and see if that works.
    The chains which once held us are only the chains which we've made.

I work for Verizon Wireless
    Feel free to pin or pm me with questions.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,540 Global Posts
    PIN
    Scan the barcode...

Quote Originally Posted by Nomass View Post
    Aren't you supposed to put a SIM other than the Verizon one in the phone to unlock it? That's what VZW told me to do with mine. Put a different SIM in the phone go through the unlock steps and see if that works.
    I unlocked mine with the VZW sim in it.
    Banned

Hey,

Drop me a PM with your order details and I'll get this handled today.

Thanks.
    Last edited by UniquePhones; 10-11-2009 at 01:21 PM.
    Banned

Hey Melissa,

I looked over your order details. It seems you entered your IMEI incorrectly. We understand that this happens and this is why we ask in the instructions that accompany your unlock codes that you try each code only once.

I am sorry but there is nothing else I can do with this matter. If you need any further help please contact our support manager at Camella.Tierney@UniquePhones.com.
    Thanked by:
    MobileMadness002 (06-04-2011) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    762 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UniquePhones View Post
    ... that you try each code only once.

[/email].
    By once you mean 10 times, right
    -When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    323 Global Posts

@assilem73
    How many chances you still have on the enter mep code counter?
    If you still need the correct code for your Storm, please contact us. We only provide one working code for Verizon Storm.
    Instant Blackberry Unlock Code
    Unlock Any Blackberry quick & easy
    Blackberry Unlock Code 100% Guaranteed
    $4.99 Storm, Storm 2, 9930, 9800,9810,9850,9860 Torch Unlock Code
    CrackBerry Newbie

only way you may be able to get that fixed that i can think of is by contacting rim or blackberry itself
    im in the middle with them as i post trying to get them to fix my problem of course not gonna be free but they may be even able to unlock the device so you can use it on any network
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,859 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AC9A2F5

Holy dead thread revival.
    Posted using my device of choice. May or may not be a BlackBerry.
    No such thing as too many backups. Remember that.