I hear and see others having SO many problems with their Storms, that I sometimes wonder if I lucked up somehow. lol. I've had no replacements (since I purchased the phone mid-January), no trips or visits to Verizon other than for accessories, hardly any complaints (is anything completely flawless???), and I personally love my Berry

With all the negative reviews and bashings, I'm proud to say that I think I lucked out and got the "Perfect Storm." lol. Anyone else tend to feel this way???

Any other "Perfect Storm" owners out there?
    04-20-09 12:30 PM
    I bought my Storm in November, right when it came out, and have been praising it as an incredible addition to my life. Sometimes my Storm will glitch a little bit or stall for a second, but nothing too concerning. I thought I had the 'Perfect Storm' up until about a week ago. Now, I seriously cannot touch it without the little clock thing coming up and spinning for at least a minute, then it will be fine until I let it fall asleep. One simple touch later, and it's a spinning clock of frustration. I'm on here today hoping to see that a new software update has been released on Verizon.

Anybody have any pointers for me?
    04-20-09 12:37 PM
    The thing is that some users make small issues HUGE!!!!

and the other problem is that it's sometimes user error!
    04-20-09 12:39 PM
    I bought my Storm in November, right when it came out, and have been praising it as an incredible addition to my life. Sometimes my Storm will glitch a little bit or stall for a second, but nothing too concerning. I thought I had the 'Perfect Storm' up until about a week ago. Now, I seriously cannot touch it without the little clock thing coming up and spinning for at least a minute, then it will be fine until I let it fall asleep. One simple touch later, and it's a spinning clock of frustration. I'm on here today hoping to see that a new software update has been released on Verizon.

Anybody have any pointers for me?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/pk...=pk%27s+tricks

Check this out!
    04-20-09 12:40 PM
    shhhhhh don't say things like that oh great here we go....my Storm heard that and is pi$$ed...

It like when you are snowboarding and you look at all your buddies and say

"This is the last run of the day"

Then you break your face on a tree... bad juju
    04-20-09 12:41 PM
    I bought my Storm on release day and have never had any serious problems with it.
    As a previous poster mentioned, minor things like temporary lag may come up but nothing worse.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

04-20-09 12:55 PM
    got mine mid feb. minor adjustments all stock works fine
    04-20-09 12:55 PM
    I love the phone, Just had a screen issue but it's all good got my replacement today and not even complaining I had to that!!
    04-20-09 12:58 PM
    Long time reader...and no issues here

04-20-09 01:12 PM
    Same here... I bought my storm in early January and have had no major issues. The click is responsive and I've probably only had 2 or 3 random restarts since I bought it. I admit the OS could be snappier, but it looks like the upcoming official/leaks are addressing this.
    04-20-09 01:15 PM
    Bought in January. Have never had an issue. I've also always done the upgrades. Currently on Bell .122 and loving it even more
    04-20-09 01:19 PM
    oh yea...i forgot to mention that I've never done a leaked update. Still rockin .75 til tha wheels fall off (in other words, till Verizon wakes up and gives me a full QWERTY portrait keyboard to play around with )
    04-20-09 02:19 PM
    Its not perfect but I'm quite happy with it. No major issues for me.

People will come to the forum to post issues with great frustration more often than those that are satisfied and want to praise a device.
    04-20-09 02:24 PM
    my was the same i had to exchange twice and replace the battery twice too but all change upgrading to the .122 os if you want to try it search storm software and look for the one with a yellow sing next to it.
    04-20-09 02:43 PM
    I'm in the same boat also. I've had mine since december. I'm still running .75 and haven't upgraded the OS at all. I had 2 random restarts when I first got it and none since. The lag issue is minimal (I'm using Win7 Black theme by E) Maintain steady app memory all day. I guess the only complaint I have is the battery life. But I use my phone all day email, text, bbm, phone calls and stream pandora about 6 - 8 hours of my day. I only have to charge once a day and I do that over night while I sleep.

A buddy of mine's mom has a storm and she has had 3 replacements due to random restarts and screen click issues. Her phone was rebooting on it's own she said up to 5 times a day sometimes more. She hates the phone lol.
    04-20-09 02:55 PM
    A buddy of mine's mom has a storm and she has had 3 replacements due to random restarts and screen click issues. Her phone was rebooting on it's own she said up to 5 times a day sometimes more. She hates the phone lol.
    haha. See I wonder if things like this are a result of the phone being garbage (as some would say) or a result of some of the owners not really knowing any of the maintenance tools, such as closing out programs and things of that nature. People give RIM so much of a bad rap, but fail to take the time out themselves to better their user experience. I'm not saying all people...but definitely some.
    04-20-09 03:01 PM
    I have had mine since Dec. I also have had no big issues with mine except for the fact that the browsers gets a little slow at times. But to random reboots, no issues with the touch screen, I just keep loading more and more apps on it and it keeps on plugging along
    04-20-09 03:09 PM
    No problems to speak of still running .75
    04-20-09 05:23 PM
    Me too my storm is the s*** i love it
    04-20-09 05:35 PM
    Thanks so much for the link!

I've had my Storm for 3 months, and up to one week ago, it ran (on .75) flawlessly. Lately it has been a little sluggish, so I just followed the link to PK's tips. After clearing out memory and logs, etc., it's back to its usual perky self!
    04-20-09 05:45 PM
    I think a lot of people were just expecting more be it from the commercials, the hype or from RIM's reputation with their other solid phones, and so when their storms don't run as anticipated they get pretty angry. I did some research here before I bought mine so I knew more or less what I was getting myself into and have been extremely satisfied.

Mine isn't "perfect" but it rarely locks up, I can do all of the phone/internet stuff pretty quickly and the screen is just fun to use and gorgeous to look at. It suits my purposes very well and i know that when the new official OS comes out it will be a very nice upgrade for me
    04-20-09 06:59 PM
    I have had zero problems with my storm. I've had it since Nov and loved it since I got it. I have 2 friends who have one and they have no problems either.
    I just switched to .122 three days ago and no problems so far

04-20-09 07:38 PM
    I guess I lucked out as well. No replacements. Only the typical lag problems. Wish it had more app memory.
    04-20-09 08:33 PM
    I have had only to replacements....1. I broke the screen and 2. the green phone button would turn on the camera (VZW replaced both no charge) other than that, still running on .75 and I love my phone. I can't imagine how it will be after VZW's newest upgrade.
    04-20-09 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD