i got my storm today and it came preloaded with .65. I played around with it for a while and everything seemed fine except whenever I would scroll and then lift my finger up to scroll again the screen would jump back to the point where the first scroll started. I did a complete wipe and installed .76 and now its working like a dream. I suggest that if anyones having problems wiping and then updating the storm seemed to fix everything for me.
    12-09-08 04:00 PM
    Mine is also doing very good on official .75 update. Wish the battery would last a little longer. The more i use it the less the battery lasts. This morning I unplugged it at 7am and I down about 20% battery life only making 2 calls and limited use. Although I have been messing with some of the settings.
    12-09-08 04:01 PM
    ok i have a couple stupid questions!!!

how do you know which os you are running on?

and how do you upgrade?

I am very new to owning a blackberry, so please be kind!!!

Thanks for any help!
    Options>about to get the version. and do a search for the upgrade. There are tons of threads about it. Very simple step by step instrictions.
    12-09-08 04:03 PM
    mine says 4.7.0.78
    Where did you get .78 from???
    12-09-08 04:07 PM
    I am presently running .76 and it works fine for me except on my emails it randomly leaves the red asterisk off then sometimes it is back on? Strange.

Watch for new extended life battery from Seidio in the Crackberry Store!!
    12-09-08 04:08 PM
    I have had the Storm for only a day now. I really want to like this phone but I am running into several issues which I hope I can sort out. First off, the clicking feature is not working on one half of the keyboard, hard to tell if you hit a button or not without that tactile click feel. Next up is the battery life, I charged it overnight last night, left the house at 8 a.m. this morning. I made a couple of short calls and tinkered with the web browser briefly, as of 1 pm I am down to 2 bars of battery. When I type on the keyboard, sometimes the camera will come on for no apparent reason at that point it becomes almost impossible to turn the camera off. The browser, (which is one of the main reasons I bought the phone) is not the greatest. I wanted to be able to download mp3's and avi files directly off of the internet without get them via Verizon's mp3 service. Every time I try and download a mp3 of any size at all I get a "entity to large" error. Youtube has a "phone only" version, the video quaitly is pretty nasty though. I am not sure if it is the OS or the processor, but the phone seems a bit unresponse to key-presses and is slow to change between horizontal and vertical view, this becomes especially bad when you have just loaded into an application or just coming out of sleep mode. I did upgrade the software to .75. Has anyone had any of these issues? How did you work around them? I have been waiting a long time to get a phone that actually "worked" on the internet. Up until now I have been happy with my RAZR, but it is really useless anything other then a cell phone.
    Did I just get a lemon? Or are these common issues?
    12-09-08 04:25 PM
    Take it back and get a new one.
    12-09-08 04:32 PM
    Yeah, I was thinking of taking it back just because of the keyboard clicking thing as I think this is a hardware issue and can't be fixed with any work-around or software update. The battery issue may be a deal-killer though. I would like to get a full day of moderate use out of one battery, not sure if I can stretch the battery that far.
    12-09-08 04:46 PM
    I returned my 3rd Storm today. Honestly, this thing is a piece of crap in all senses of the word. I think the people that are writing positive reviews about this phone are die-hard blackberry fans who WANT and NEED the Storm to be their phone.

I broke my contract with Verizon and took my personal line to AT&T and the iPhone and I am much happier now. I spent alot of time with both phones (3 for the Storm) and the iPhone just blows the storm away in functionality, stability, and speed.

Anyone else return theirs? Or broke their contacts out of sheer frustration with Verizon/RIM?
    12-09-08 05:02 PM
    I have had the Storm for only a day now. I really want to like this phone but I am running into several issues which I hope I can sort out. First off, the clicking feature is not working on one half of the keyboard, hard to tell if you hit a button or not without that tactile click feel. Next up is the battery life, I charged it overnight last night, left the house at 8 a.m. this morning. I made a couple of short calls and tinkered with the web browser briefly, as of 1 pm I am down to 2 bars of battery. When I type on the keyboard, sometimes the camera will come on for no apparent reason at that point it becomes almost impossible to turn the camera off. The browser, (which is one of the main reasons I bought the phone) is not the greatest. I wanted to be able to download mp3's and avi files directly off of the internet without get them via Verizon's mp3 service. Every time I try and download a mp3 of any size at all I get a "entity to large" error. Youtube has a "phone only" version, the video quaitly is pretty nasty though. I am not sure if it is the OS or the processor, but the phone seems a bit unresponse to key-presses and is slow to change between horizontal and vertical view, this becomes especially bad when you have just loaded into an application or just coming out of sleep mode. I did upgrade the software to .75. Has anyone had any of these issues? How did you work around them? I have been waiting a long time to get a phone that actually "worked" on the internet. Up until now I have been happy with my RAZR, but it is really useless anything other then a cell phone.
    Did I just get a lemon? Or are these common issues?

The entire Storm product is a lemon. I went through three of them before I switched to the iPhone. Much happier with the switch.
    12-09-08 05:06 PM
    Mine is far from perfect but I am still lovin' it. Just being patient and waiting around for more updates.

Are you all dealing with the disappearing keyboard? That one is getting more and more annoying for sure!
    How is it that everyone is so patient with these updates? I have used alot of Smartphones and the Storm is by far the worst one to come out with so many issues in regards to speed, functionality, and stability. Updates will MAYBE help, but there seems to be some design flaws (touch screen) that won't be corrected with a software update.

Good luck to all those struggling with this phone while waiting on updates....I have moved on already.
    12-09-08 05:09 PM
    Im liking this phone more and more.... no random reboots, no bugs, accelorometer is fast. I dont think I need to upgrade my OS anymore. I have .76 on and dont see a need to upgrade anything else.

All I want are more speed dials, themes, and apps. Come on RIM!

Anybody elses Storm working near perfect and just want more features?
    Near perfect? Your the needle in the haystack buddy.....
    12-09-08 05:37 PM
    ....I have moved on already.
    so you said.....3 times in a row now....
    12-09-08 05:39 PM
    I have always had pretty good luck with verizon as a carrier, and I have been through them all. My contract with Verizon is done if I decide to return this phone, but I will stick with them because I like the turn-by-turn navigation of VZnavitagor, also, in my area, the coverage with Verizon is far superior then AT&T, and customer support is good. I am no Fanboy for the iphone, and as you can see in my previous post, I tore apart the Storm pretty good too. I am sure the iphone had its share of issues when it was released, and people worked them out. I would like to try and work out my issues with my Storm. If I cannot work out the issues I will just return it within 30 days. I just do not want to be stuck with a phone that will not fit my needs for the next 2 years. I try to be objective, if this phone is not for me I will just wait until Verizon comes up with something better.
    12-09-08 05:45 PM
    .65, .75 and now .76 all work great. Some more apps would be nice.
    12-09-08 05:50 PM
    I have always had pretty good luck with verizon as a carrier, and I have been through them all. My contract with Verizon is done if I decide to return this phone, but I will stick with them because I like the turn-by-turn navigation of VZnavitagor, also, in my area, the coverage with Verizon is far superior then AT&T, and customer support is good. I am no Fanboy for the iphone, and as you can see in my previous post, I tore apart the Storm pretty good too. I am sure the iphone had its share of issues when it was released, and people worked them out. I would like to try and work out my issues with my Storm. If I cannot work out the issues I will just return it within 30 days. I just do not want to be stuck with a phone that will not fit my needs for the next 2 years. I try to be objective, if this phone is not for me I will just wait until Verizon comes up with something better.
    I agree that testing it out and taking advantage of the 30 days is the way to go.
    12-09-08 06:15 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD