I'm keeping my Storm for the "network". I don't really care what phone it is... iPhone, Blackberry, Palm... whatever... but I just can't stand AT&T. I've looked at the iPhone at an Apple store and I thought it was decent but I don't want to even walk into an AT&T store.

AT&T SUCKS (at least in my area)!

Because of NO BARS (funny how they advertise more bars in more places), I've gotten into so many arguments and fights because I didn't answer the phone. Heck, my phone didn't even ring.

GO VERIZON!

I'm on my first Storm, and still on .75. I haven't had a SINGLE random reboot (I do use QuickPull every morning) and even though the phone does seem sluggish at times, I haven't had any issues. I've never missed any calls (of course, other than the ones I wanted to miss) for my button not working. I did however, adjust my clickscreen a bit with the Torx method and business card method. I'm just going to click away like crazy and before my warranty runs out, hopefully get a replacement.
    03-28-09 04:46 PM
    i think anyone think about getting a smartphone should try it out at least. if you dont like it you can always take it back and get the curve.
    idk, it takes a damn long time to get used to the phone for some people, and be completely comfortable as they were with any previous phone of any length. personally, it took me the full 30 days just to get comfortable with it, even after owning other blackberries prior to it. just the typing alone, and all the changes, settings, etc. just to dial it in juuuuust right...but i never planned on returning it anyway, so i was ok. if i didnt' like it i was gonna unlock it and sell it to my friend who has an iPhone and hates it but is stuck with it, and just go back to my curve. now i handed my curve down to my brother, i figured it was time for him to catch up with the times. now he wants my storm!!! i will admit the phone isn't for everyone. if you're closed minded or have preset expectations of the phone, which i've found new storm owners that are new to blackberries as well have very unrealistic expectations in general (there are a few who are good about this, but the vast majority of the people we complain about on this specific forum are the ones i'm talking about). anyway, enough ranting.

my point is, buy the phone, take the 30 days to try it out. nobody can judge or compare for you. if you don't like it, return it, or give it a few extra weeks, and sell it. some people get **** hurt if you don't like the same stuff as them, don't worry about that. just worry about how you feel about it, not how the crowds will view you for your decisions.
    03-28-09 04:48 PM
    I'm keeping my Storm for the "network". I don't really care what phone it is... iPhone, Blackberry, Palm... whatever... but I just can't stand AT&T. I've looked at the iPhone at an Apple store and I thought it was decent but I don't want to even walk into an AT&T store.

AT&T SUCKS (at least in my area)!

Because of NO BARS (funny how they advertise more bars in more places), I've gotten into so many arguments and fights because I didn't answer the phone. Heck, my phone didn't even ring.

GO VERIZON!

I'm on my first Storm, and still on .75. I haven't had a SINGLE random reboot (I do use QuickPull every morning) and even though the phone does seem sluggish at times, I haven't had any issues. I've never missed any calls (of course, other than the ones I wanted to miss) for my button not working. I did however, adjust my clickscreen a bit with the Torx method and business card method. I'm just going to click away like crazy and before my warranty runs out, hopefully get a replacement.

I don't even need to read the full post, but I agree. Att/cingular was HORRIBLE when I had it. They ended up sending us a letter about roaming and we were excused from the contract without early termination but it was bad. Yes, we were roaming, but we were supposed to be in a great area. The worst experience ever and it is sad that Apple chose them....
    03-28-09 04:53 PM
    I feel the complete opposite of the OP. After months with my storm I would advise anyone even remotely considering this phone to abstain. Why?
    1) After 4 months RIM has not come out with an OS that genuinely works. I think it will abandon this phone and screw us all over...esp as it releases newer and newer phones.

2) In its current state the Storm is unreliable. If you are in an emergent situation you can't count on it. Commonly you miss phone calls b/c it won't answer them...then there's the issue of random resets. Or you may need to do something quickly and you'll get the hourglass for a few minutes.

3) B/c of the above issues you'll feel like a bumbling ***** every time someone pulls out an iphone and quickly accomplishes the task you still haven't finished.

I'm very happy that some of you like your phones...but I've had 2 storms and they're both far from decent. The phone has potential but rim's delay in releasing a palatable OS shows a lack of commitment to this product and the consumers who wasted their money on it (ie us). With RIM's legal troubles, declining reputation (b/c of the storm), and several new releases I wouldn't be surprised if the company tanks and leaves us all holding the bag.
    For anyone considering the Storm, definitely buy one! If you don't like it, you have thirty days to return. No harm, no foul. Plus, IMO, its a phenomenal device.

1) My OS runs fine. My phone ran fine on .75. I switched to .109 a few weeks ago more out of curiosity than anything else. I got a little more speed, better memory management (but it wasn't a problem anyway) and a better camera/shutter speed. (That was good!). Sure, I would like a new OS. We all think new is better. But truly, I wouldn't cry if .109 was the "gold code" for my phone.

2) My phone is always reliable. I have never had a missed call due to bad phone behavior. No random reboots. I very rarely see the "wait" icon. I have never had to do routine battery pulls except maybe when I'm installing or uninstalling a new app. I've got tons of apps on my phone and it still runs great.

3) I don't routinely drag race iPhone users. My Storm is not my P3nis. I can do things they can't and vice-versa. If this is upsetting, you may have, indeed, chosen the wrong phone to start with.

An iPhone was never an option for me since I knew how bad the network is with AT&T. I've been with Verizon for years and would rather stay with them. And I'm overjoyed Verizon got the exclusive with the Storm instead of someone else. Imagine if T-Mobile had got that deal. I bet we would really be hearing some WaahWaah-ing about now!

I am sorry your phone is not working out for you. I really am.
    Last edited by richs10; 03-28-09 at 05:00 PM.
    03-28-09 04:57 PM
    idk, it takes a damn long time to get used to the phone for some people, and be completely comfortable as they were with any previous phone of any length. personally, it took me the full 30 days just to get comfortable with it, even after owning other blackberries prior to it. just the typing alone, and all the changes, settings, etc. just to dial it in juuuuust right...but i never planned on returning it anyway, so i was ok. if i didnt' like it i was gonna unlock it and sell it to my friend who has an iPhone and hates it but is stuck with it, and just go back to my curve. now i handed my curve down to my brother, i figured it was time for him to catch up with the times. now he wants my storm!!! i will admit the phone isn't for everyone. if you're closed minded or have preset expectations of the phone, which i've found new storm owners that are new to blackberries as well have very unrealistic expectations in general (there are a few who are good about this, but the vast majority of the people we complain about on this specific forum are the ones i'm talking about). anyway, enough ranting.

my point is, buy the phone, take the 30 days to try it out. nobody can judge or compare for you. if you don't like it, return it, or give it a few extra weeks, and sell it. some people get **** hurt if you don't like the same stuff as them, don't worry about that. just worry about how you feel about it, not how the crowds will view you for your decisions.
    May I add the following... Type this over and over again with your full keyboard. "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" it is common knowledge that this uses every letter in the alphabet and will really help you get use to your keyboard. Sad to say, but I type it several times every night. I have trouble with the e.r.t area, but I have learned how much I need to move my thumbs to get the right letter.
    03-28-09 04:58 PM
    I love my Storm! The first 2 days I had it I really hated it, I also came from an Envy, the first one, so it was a lot to get used to. I then upgraded to .109 and started to like it but was still on the edge of wanting to take it back and exchange for a different blackberry. I decided not to bother with the hassel and I'm glad I didn't cause I absolutley LOVE this device!
    03-28-09 05:03 PM
    As a long time Palm user, I bought a Storm about a month ago. I have to say that while there are some things I miss from the palm OS, the Storm is an excellent smartphone. I can't wait for the upgraded OS to make it even better. Was thinking of going with Palm Pre, but not on Sprint network. This phone has it right and it is awesome right out of the box !
    03-28-09 05:07 PM

You talk about the apps store for blackberry but it amazes me how people do these things without it even being out yet. Wait to ***** please...I am not saying your arguments are not legit, but comon sense says you have no knowledge of the thing you are ******** about.
    The PayPal fee's are enough for me to think it's pure ****e.

You see the pricing tier?
    That is a joke too...

I am hoping it's blowing me away... I really am..

I'm not a Storm hater... I love it..
    03-28-09 05:08 PM
    Do I complain...oh yeah...human nature. Add alcohol and I get furious sometimes
    This made me laugh pretty hard. I think the time is coming and not too far off when this phone will really take off. .113 was a huge improvement for me. I've never had serious problems with the phone but this os really seemed to make it run well. Once a really reliable GC os comes out its gonna be great. Does anyone remember when the iPhone first came out they couldn't even activate it because of the problems? Every phone has its share of bumps in the road. After that it seems like smooth sailing.
    03-28-09 06:30 PM
    I'm amazed that now someone is complaining about the new OS taking so long to come out. Look what happened when they rushed to get it out for the holidays. Give RIM some time and a much better OS will come out. They can't be ditching it after putting so much effort into these leaked versions. It would be tragedy to see such hardware go to waste due to laziness on RIM's part.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 06:39 PM
    I phones are for kids.
    03-28-09 07:57 PM
    The Storm was my first BB, so admittedly, I don't have anything to compare it to, but I LOVE my Storm!

Got it on the first day and haven't put it down since! I got tired of waiting for the "official OS release" so I uploaded .109, and noticed less lag in the accelerometer, as well as a major improvement in the camera's shutter speed.

I do a battery pull every few days to keep my app memory up, but really don't experience any issues unless I have left apps open and let my memory leak down to the low teens.

Currently running WeatherBug, GoogleMaps, Slacker, Poynt, Smartflicks, Mobipocket Reader, Viigo, and QuickPull with 38.6 MB free app space after a pull.

Life is good!
    03-29-09 12:49 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD