Hi all,

Long time Blackberry user here...currently have the Curve and it is by far my favorite BB ever. That being said, I have been eyeing the Storm for awhile now and due to a pending move to Northern New Jersey, I will be switching to Verizon in the coming weeks.

I had a chance to play around with the Storm now twice, both times around 30 minutes. In that time, I really didn't see any problems that I've been reading about on the forums (laggy accelerometer, freezes, etc). Now granted I only played around with it for a short time but it seemed like a great product. The keyboard was actually as easy to type on as my Curve (for me).

So have you all experienced some of these problems after weeks/months of use or out of the box? Seems like its a mixed bag with people either having issues with the device or not. I'd like to hear some experiences as I am deciding between the Curve or the upcoming 9630.

Thanks.
    03-13-09 01:25 AM
    First thing I can say is touch screen is very different. It seems most people who have moved to it from another BB complain that their typing speed is greatly reduced. Out of the box I didn't have any difficulty but over time you'll notice little flaws, or that something doesn't work as well as you might have imagined
    That's what betas are for! Each beta has improved several aspects of the Storm while setting back a few. The GC (gold code = official release) should be a wondrous thing when its finally released. Rumour has it that VZW is far ahead of the latest .113 official release. In my expectations that means in the future typing coordinates into Poynt will instantly beam you to that location. Pretty cool, really.
    In all seriousness, the phone is great for what I use it for, calls, texting, email, surfing, music, and viewing photos. There are many apps and many ways that I don't use it yet but know that the phone has the ability to grow as I need it. Its not perfect yet but it will be closer with each new OS release.
    I bought mine as an impulse and during the first 30 days where I would have been able to return it, I almost did. There is a learning curve, and while I haven't mastered the phone, I no longer let its idiosyncrasies bother me. Between leaked betas and this website, the phone only gets better in my hands.
    The big question for you is, once the lustre of a new touch screen beauty wears off, will you be happy with its form and capabilities? Many really miss that keyboard...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 05:38 AM
    I really like my storm. I use it for e-amil, texting, phone, editing documents, games and searching the web. It is my first BB. Prior to that I had a Motorola Q. It did take some getting used to but I have not had the problems that others have talked about.
    03-13-09 06:17 AM
    the storms awesome..now ive only used phone with full qwerty keyboard before this, and ive never had a bb before this either. But serious..this phone is awesome. My txt speed has been reduced, but im getting better and quicker with the touch screen all the time

I havent yet upgraded to one of the leaked OS updated yet..(too scared) but .75 is kinda like windows 2000. Theres a version of every app for it practically.

Great phone, not an iphone killer to the public eye(personally i think BB > Iphone) but definetely as competitor.
    03-13-09 08:19 AM
    The Storm is a great device. The only thing holding back the Storm from greatness is the OS. Rim is working on that as we speak. Once they have an OS Vzw QA testers approve we will get the next GC. The forum will be a zoo that day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD