okay ive done a search on here an google an nothing has helped... when i plug my blackberry storm into my computer, it starts charging... BUT... my computer never detects it, like it never shows up in My Computer or Desktop Manager wont find it.. what should i do? i cant transfer tha at&t service books for my internet to work until I get this resolved.
    01-20-09 12:35 AM
    Try pouring water on it.
    01-20-09 12:40 AM
    Try pouring water on it.
    ...okay i tried that... tha screen went black and started flashing, "give me a real answer"....
    01-20-09 12:43 AM
    what computer OS are you running? Check in Device Mangler to make sure there isn't an issue with your USB ports or devices (having power doesn't mean Windows loaded the drivers for the device properly)
    01-20-09 12:45 AM
    Hopefully you are not in windows 7 as there are know issues, if so you need to find a xp or vista machine to use. If that is not it try uninstalling the reinstalling dm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 12:50 AM
    what computer OS are you running? Check in Device Mangler to make sure there isn't an issue with your USB ports or devices (having power doesn't mean Windows loaded the drivers for the device properly)
    I'm on Vista Ultimate... I'm Re-Downloading Blackberry drivers from their site and DM 4.6
    01-20-09 12:50 AM
    ...okay i tried that... tha screen went black and started flashing, "give me a real answer"....
    Try orange juice instead this time.
    01-20-09 12:54 AM
    DM 4.7 is the latest version. Has it worked ever?

01-20-09 12:58 AM
    DM 4.7 is the latest version. Has it worked ever?

I havent tried it yet, the topic made about getting all the features recommended 4.6 so i just downloaded it, ill try 4.7 if nothing works after this... and by ever do you mean DM 4.7 or the blackberry?

Try orange juice instead this time.
    kid, stop tryin to get your post count up by posting dumb ----..
    Last edited by Konspiracy; 01-20-09 at 01:06 AM. Reason: crappy keyboard
    01-20-09 01:02 AM
    I had this same rather annoying problem running Windows Vista Ultimate and DM 4.7. I solved it by connecting my BlackBerry then going to - device manager - USB controllers and then unistalling the BlackBerry (which had a rather fetching exclamation mark next to it). Some how after simply disconnecting and reconnecting the blackberry windows managed to locate and install the driver correctly, has worked fine ever since.
    01-20-09 02:07 AM
    I had this same rather annoying problem running Windows Vista Ultimate and DM 4.7. I solved it by connecting my BlackBerry then going to - device manager - USB controllers and then unistalling the BlackBerry (which had a rather fetching exclamation mark next to it). Some how after simply disconnecting and reconnecting the blackberry windows managed to locate and install the driver correctly, has worked fine ever since.
    thanks for the help... only thing is, when my blackberry is connected, my pc shows no sign that it is even hooked up... the phone starts charging... but nothing happens in windows... i went to device manager an checked my USBs, an none show Blackberry... this is my first blackberry an so far im dissapointed in how troubling this has become, i never had any trouble out of any Motorolas or the iPhone even when hooking it up.
    01-20-09 02:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD