Does anybody know what will happen if you have your storm locked with a password for re-entry and the password is put in too many times? Like when you have it set to only a certain amt. of password tries.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 01:34 AM
    The device will automatically wipe any and all information on the device memory, but not the media card.
    05-18-09 01:58 AM
    i would suggest connecting it to your computer and see if the password you enter via keyboard on your PC works. If it is the same password you enter for your blackberry there may be a broken / stuck key.
    05-18-09 02:02 AM
    Ok cool....I recently had my storm stolen from my truck and I had a lot of personal info on it. Good thing I had it locked though!

05-18-09 02:03 AM
    Ok cool....I recently had my storm stolen from my truck and I had a lot of personal info on it. Good thing I had it locked though!

It really does come in handy.. I have mine set to lock after about 30 minutes of no use.

P.S. you did call Asurion and reported it as lost or stolen right? If the insurance company does it, there's no way it'll be activated again.
    05-18-09 02:04 AM
    It really does come in handy.. I have mine set to lock after about 30 minutes of no use.

P.S. you did call Asurion and reported it as lost or stolen right? If the insurance company does it, there's no way it'll be activated again.
    Blacklisted ESN FTW!
    05-18-09 02:05 AM
    O yeah first thing I did after searching everywhere to make sure I didn't just misplace it or drop it somewhere. Its almost like they specifically broke in just to get it. I have a flip up touch screen dvd/cd head unit and it was untouched. F n bastards ......but looks like they have a nice brick to try and sell now! Could it ever be unlocked and have the os re installed to use it with another carrier?

05-18-09 02:10 AM
    O yeah first thing I did after searching everywhere to make sure I didn't just misplace it or drop it somewhere. Its almost like they specifically broke in just to get it. I have a flip up touch screen dvd/cd head unit and it was untouched. F n bastards ......but looks like they have a nice brick to try and sell now! Could it ever be unlocked and have the os re installed to use it with another carrier?

That's one of the bad things about the Storm. I believe it can be unlocked and used on a GSM network, even if you've had it blacklisted by Verizon/Asurion.
    Also, say the person that stole your Storm somehow managed to activate it before you reported it lost/stolen (although I doubt that's possible because it would still be active under your account), it wouldn't be disconnected and shut off until they deactivate it and try to re-activate it. I know this because a few years back someone apparently reported my i760 lost/stolen (it was a fraudulent claim) while I was using it. Nothing ever happened, but I found this out when I tried to sell it. It took many calls with supervisors and managers, but they finally removed it from the list since the claim was fraudulent.
    Last edited by savioAMG; 05-18-09 at 02:15 AM.
    05-18-09 02:12 AM

There are always ways around security functions. If you call and report it stolen I bet it would become a brick. 9/10 people wouldn't know how to clear a device properly.

If you don't report it stolen it will be a lot easier for them to get a free phone that is functional.
    05-18-09 02:13 AM
    O well....obviously they needed it more than me. Kudos to asurion for a quick delivery.

05-18-09 02:15 AM
    That's one of the bad things about the Storm. I believe it can be unlocked and used on a GSM network, even if you've had it blacklisted by Verizon/Asurion.
    Also, say the person that stole your Storm somehow managed to activate it before you reported it lost/stolen (although I doubt that's possible because it would still be active under your account), it wouldn't be disconnected and shut off until they deactivate it and try to re-activate it. I know this because a few years back someone apparently reported my i760 lost/stolen (it was a fraudulent claim) while I was using it. Nothing ever happened, but I found this out when I tried to sell it. It took many calls with supervisors and managers, but they finally removed it from the list since the claim was fraudulent.
    That's funny....same thing happened to me about a year ago. But it was a claim that I made bc I thought I lost it. Turned out I had dropped it in a movie theatre and they had it there. But yes it took me about 6 or seven calls to get it off the lost/stolen list. VZW kept saying it was asurion that a to do it and vice versa. Until I got both of then on the line and they finally figured it out. The ***** that stole it probably had no idea what to do with it so screw em.

Last edited by tyler.hopkins; 05-18-09 at 02:26 AM.
    05-18-09 02:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD