I purchased my first Blackberry last week from Craigslist. A pearl 8220. I set up my e-mail account and played with it for a couple of days, finally deciding that i really didn't like it. Today i bought a Storm, and i'm trying to set up the e-mail account for that phone, but i can't get the password right! I even managed to open a page which stated that it sent my password to my device, but i never received a message. What can i do now? Also, in setup there are two icons. One is E-mail settings, and the other is Email settings (minus the -) What is the difference?
    03-23-09 09:23 PM
    25 views and nothing?
    Hmmm, feeling kinda hooped here.
    03-23-09 10:16 PM
    25 views and nothing?
    Hmmm, feeling kinda hooped here.
    Sounds like the email account you set up is still linked to your old phone. The email account is linked to the pin number so you need to go to the bis email at blackberry.com and sign in there and change the pin to your current phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 10:37 PM
    Sounds like the email account you set up is still linked to your old phone. The email account is linked to the pin number so you need to go to the bis email at blackberry.com and sign in there and change the pin to your current phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanx, i think. What is bis e-mail? Where do i find the pin? My phone is un-locked and on the Rogers network, don't know if that makes a difference or not.
    03-24-09 12:12 AM
    Go see Mr. Rogers.
    03-24-09 12:21 AM
    Okay, found my pin. From my lap top i'm currently at Rogers.com. I enter my user name and click the forgot your password button. In the following page i enter my pin number, and my phone receives an e-mail with my new password. I then enter my user name and my new password, and i get a message that it is incorrect.
    This is a used phone that i bought today. I don't understand how i could have screwed up my regular password, and this is really frustrating me!
    Any ideas? Beuler?
    03-24-09 12:30 AM
    Reset the phone back to factory settings - basically a wipe. Get the PIN from the Status in the Options. Then try again. If all fails, go see Mr. Rogers in person - not via your PC.
    03-24-09 12:49 AM
    In BIS try the Change Device option.
    03-24-09 12:53 AM
    Ok, go here and sign in. This is where you manage your email accounts, change PIN, etc. If you don't have a sign in, just register and you will be set. Here you go:
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
    03-24-09 01:16 AM
    Ok, go here and sign in. This is where you manage your email accounts, change PIN, etc. If you don't have a sign in, just register and you will be set. Here you go:
    Thanx. Been here, it says my name and password don't exist??? Okay, i'm back on my old phone that works. Pearl 8220. I am receiving my e-mails, now how do i find out my user name and password?
    03-24-09 01:26 AM
    Thanx. Been here, it says my name and password don't exist??? Okay, i'm back on my old phone that works. Pearl 8220. I am receiving my e-mails, now how do i find out my user name and password?
    Can you do like "forgot username/password"? Just so you can log in. I am telling you the truth: once you log in, you will be able to manage your emails. I had the exact same thing. I had a pearl, set up my emails, then went to the dare, and those emails were just left there. Once I got the storm, I could not get them to work, but once I got the log in figured out, everything is working smooth now!!! Don't give up
    03-24-09 01:35 AM
    Can you do like "forgot username/password"? Just so you can log in. I am telling you the truth: once you log in, you will be able to manage your emails. I had the exact same thing. I had a pearl, set up my emails, then went to the dare, and those emails were just left there. Once I got the storm, I could not get them to work, but once I got the log in figured out, everything is working smooth now!!! Don't give up
    Nope! I went into my old phone just to confirm my user name. I then punch in my user name and click on forgot password. In the next window, i type my user name again and my PIN, and an e-mail is sent to my phone. The e-mail then tells me: "You have asked to have your password sent to your device. User name and password don't exist. Please use your device to access Blackberry internet service."
    Now i'm getting really pi%$ed off! I have a $250 phone i don't like, and a $550 phone that doesn't work
    03-24-09 01:43 AM
    In BIS try the Change Device option.
    Sorry, i still haven't figured out what the BIS is. Could you provide a link?
    Thanx to everyone for helping me out
    03-24-09 01:51 AM
    Nope! I went into my old phone just to confirm my user name. I then punch in my user name and click on forgot password. In the next window, i type my user name again and my PIN, and an e-mail is sent to my phone. The e-mail then tells me: "You have asked to have your password sent to your device. User name and password don't exist. Please use your device to access Blackberry internet service."
    Now i'm getting really pi%$ed off! I have a $250 phone i don't like, and a $550 phone that doesn't work
    Log in thru the computer with the link that I have the above post, not the phone. Will it let you register again?
    03-24-09 01:52 AM
    Reset the phone back to factory settings - basically a wipe. Get the PIN from the Status in the Options. Then try again. If all fails, go see Mr. Rogers in person - not via your PC.
    I did. Surprised me that my sim still worked considering the phone is unlocked from Verizon and being used on Rogers, who doesn't even sell this phone because it is competition for the I-phone, protectionist bastards! Everything works, i just can't set up my e-mail.
    03-24-09 01:54 AM
    Log in thru the computer with the link that I have the above post, not the phone. Will it let you register again?
    Yup, thats what i'm doing. Won't let me register.
    03-24-09 01:55 AM
    F**k it, i'm going to bed! Thanx for all your help, i'll try to play with my new toy tomorrow after work.
    03-24-09 01:58 AM
    Yup, thats what i'm doing. Won't let me register.
    Did you forget your username? Or just the password?
    03-24-09 01:59 AM
    Go see Mr. Rogers.
    and smack him real hard...lol jk
    03-24-09 04:51 AM
    Since you are on Rogers and not VZW you should try this BIS site from a computer.

BTW, BIS stands for Blackberry Internet Service.

BlackBerry Internet Service

The reason that your username and password are not recognized is that you are not a VZW customer.

Go to the website and change your pin and then you will get you password sent to your phone, hopefully.
    03-24-09 05:31 AM
    As another Newbie I couldn't find so many answers to a variety of questions until I discovered Crackberry and now Ive been glued to the site!!

Anyway after going through the loop of registration etc forgetting passwords I did the obvious thing and contact Batelco here in Bahrain who were superb in response and cleared the problems for me.

Also managed to sort out the lack of mail after logging in when I realised I needed to insert my passwords for the various servers - duhh.

No doubt I'll find a host of other things but it's great reading all the various details and responses, as with anything someone wrote read the manual etc although if you're extremely busy that can be difficult at times so my plea would be don't forget you experienced people we all have to start somewhere.
    Last edited by dorsetred; 04-15-09 at 12:10 AM.
    04-15-09 12:07 AM
    I keep reading about various "leaks" and upgrades but when I look at my server site they say no upgrades can you advise where is a good site to download as my Storm appears to have an early os - v4.7.0.78 (Platform 4.0.0.98)?
    04-15-09 12:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD