Th lower right section of my Blackberry Storm 9530's screen is darker than the rest of the screen. When the background is lit white, the lower right corner is gray, when the screen is blue, the lower right corner is almost black.

What do you think the problem is? Can this be fixed or should I get a new phone?

Thanks!
    03-23-09 10:20 AM
    Th lower right section of my Blackberry Storm 9530's screen is darker than the rest of the screen. When the background is lit white, the lower right corner is gray, when the screen is blue, the lower right corner is almost black.

What do you think the problem is? Can this be fixed or should I get a new phone?

Thanks!
    hmm first time I had heard about this one.... Have you done a hard wipe yet on your phone? If not do this...

Backup your phone....

go to options on your phone...
    then go to Security Options..
    Then General Settings..
    Hit the blackberry button, and choose Hard Wipe.

this is will roughly 5-10 minutes to wipe the phone, but if theres a problem in the phone, this hard wipe will fix it (hopefully)

when its done, just restore the phone under desk top manager

if its still the same, I'd call up verizon and get a replacment
    03-23-09 10:27 AM
    Thanks! If I do a hard wipe, will that erase pictures and contacts? Also, how would I restore it? You mention under desk top manager...where and what's that?
    03-23-09 10:33 AM
    Thanks! If I do a hard wipe, will that erase pictures and contacts? Also, how would I restore it? You mention under desk top manager...where and what's that?
    it won't delete pics or anythign that is on your memory card.

what you need to do is "backup" your phone. Go open up Desktop Manager, plug your phone in, and choose "backup" this is will save EVERYTHING on your phone exept 3rd party apps. It will save the file in your documents on your computer.

when the hardwipe is done. Open updesktop manager again, and choose "restor" and then just double click on that file that all your information on your phone is saved under, it will automatically put everything back onto your phone again just how you left it.

EDIT:...desktop manager is a disk you should have loaded on your computer that came with the phone...
    03-23-09 10:36 AM
    This is currently happening to my storm.

did it work for you?
    07-17-09 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD