Hi. I'm getting incredibly frustrated with really slow browsing on my 9500.
    I'm running on .148, on vodafone AU. Prior to the storm I had an N95 which was a lot faster, and I've run a comparison with the two side by side
    And the N95 has the page loaded and done whilst the storm Is still doing the 'loading', 'running script' routine.

Are there any setting that will speed this up? I'm running the BB browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 05:21 AM
    Do you have full signal on your blackberry when you are trying to load the site? Also, are you attempting to view a mobile version of the site, or load a full site as you would on a PC? try going to http:// m. website. com and see if they have a mobile version that you can browse and those load much quicker.
    09-11-09 05:46 AM
    Load OS version 167 or if you want to experiment 5.0.0.191. I prefer 167 since everything works. Anyways they both have much better radios than 148 and as a result browsing is noticeably faster.

09-11-09 08:25 AM
    I sure you have, battery pull

09-11-09 09:06 AM
    Load OS version 167 or if you want to experiment 5.0.0.191. I prefer 167 since everything works. Anyways they both have much better radios than 148 and as a result browsing is noticeably faster.

He's on a 9500 so he has 173 to choose from also.
    09-11-09 09:11 AM
    Hi. I'm getting incredibly frustrated with really slow browsing on my 9500.
    I'm running on .148, on vodafone AU. Prior to the storm I had an N95 which was a lot faster, and I've run a comparison with the two side by side
    And the N95 has the page loaded and done whilst the storm Is still doing the 'loading', 'running script' routine.

Are there any setting that will speed this up? I'm running the BB browser.

It drives me nuts too. As a long time BB fan the browser still blows. Hopefully with their recent acquisition, Webkit can get here in the next 6 months. I am loading .191 as we speak to see if it is tolerable. I would love to make the Storm/Storm 2 my only phone, but I just can't with this browser for my needs. On the storm, some sites won't even load. I admit, my other phone is a 3GS which spoils the heck out of me. But I would much rather simply use my BB. And don't get me started on use Opera or Bolt. They both have awful functionality on the Storm. I loved Bolt on my Bold, but it is useless on the Storm.

Sorry for the rant, but the BB Browser has frustrated me to no end.
    09-11-09 09:49 AM
    Try Opera. Just try it for a day or 2. It makes a difference if you learn how to use it
    09-11-09 10:12 AM
    Try Opera. Just try it for a day or 2. It makes a difference if you learn how to use it
    I seriously must be missing something with Opera. It uses this crazy font that makes pages look like crap, the preview page is unreadable, and the usability on the Storm is so-so. Am I missing some great Opera secrets (serious question), because if not it just doesn't do it from me. Bolt loads pages 1000x's better, but you get less functionality with that then Opera on the Storm.

If Bolt made a Storm specific, or anyone for that matter, version, I would be all over it.
    09-11-09 10:17 AM
    This is why I use opera. The native browser is like an old 56k and it drives me nuts. Give opera mini a try. The little quirky bugs are not a bad trade for the blazin speed.

09-11-09 10:18 AM
    load .173 or .167....it will make things run twice as fast
    09-11-09 10:33 AM
    I've been working for some time, what is the limiting factor for browsing speed. Network, memory, processor, browser software, a combination?

When I use tether with my BB, pages load really quickly, so that seems to rule out network. I'm also getting up to 1 mps and higher on VZW's 3G network.

Do we just need a faster processor or more memory to get computer-like speeds?

Just curious. Thanks for the responses.
    09-11-09 10:35 AM
    load .173 or .167....it will make things run twice as fast
    Which is still very slow. I even tried 5.0 this morning and it does not seem like much of an improvement. Maybe I am expecting too much, but as far as smartphone web browsing goes BB continues to bring up the rear. Too bad we can use Opera Mobile, not mini, like on WinMo or S60.
    09-11-09 01:13 PM
    I've been working for some time, what is the limiting factor for browsing speed. Network, memory, processor, browser software, a combination?

When I use tether with my BB, pages load really quickly, so that seems to rule out network. I'm also getting up to 1 mps and higher on VZW's 3G network.

Do we just need a faster processor or more memory to get computer-like speeds?

Just curious. Thanks for the responses.
    I have always thought the Java Script problem was the biggest culprit. Of course more memory and processing power would not hurt.
    09-11-09 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD