How/When do you guys charge your storm?

I charge mine overnight and unplug in morning. Would this be bad for the battery or the phone?
    12-04-08 03:13 AM
    I've done that with every phone or iPod I've ever owned and never had a problem.
    12-04-08 03:14 AM
    I've done that with every phone or iPod I've ever owned and never had a problem.
    same here, never have a problem with it.
    12-04-08 03:17 AM
    idk if im lucky or what ( atleast with battery) but my storm honestly last about two days.... i dont plug it in until about 10 percent battery left. and i use it all day and it last for about two days on a single charge
    12-04-08 03:19 AM
    that's how you should do it.
    when i first got my storm the batterylife was soo bad but after some full-charges it gets better!!
    12-04-08 03:24 AM
    idk if im lucky or what ( atleast with battery) but my storm honestly last about two days.... i dont plug it in until about 10 percent battery left. and i use it all day and it last for about two days on a single charge
    Honestly, I'm on it or using it about 65-75% of the time between 9 30 and 2 AM...normally i plug it in with about 30-45% left.
    12-04-08 03:43 AM
    With lithium ion batteries the whole charging before its dead and other stuff you used to have to do to not ruin the battery isn't necessary anymore. I charge overnight and at work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 03:44 AM
    Another thing to note with me is that I'm OCD about my battery life. I could have 75% left at 4 PM and i'd worry about it dying. With the storm, since the battery is divided into 10ths (half a bar goes down at a time) I'm starting to get better about caring where the battery meter is.
    12-04-08 03:48 AM
    for anyone who hasn't experienced yet:

My phone died last night and after i put it back on the charger and it regained its power to be turned on, i noticed the radio signal had been turned off. i got a warning that it had been shut down due to battery strength too weak...but not how to fix it.

Thankfully another person had that problem in CB and I fixed it...all you need to do is make a phone call and it promts you to turn it back on.
    12-04-08 04:04 AM
    for anyone who hasn't experienced yet:

My phone died last night and after i put it back on the charger and it regained its power to be turned on, i noticed the radio signal had been turned off. i got a warning that it had been shut down due to battery strength too weak...but not how to fix it.

Thankfully another person had that problem in CB and I fixed it...all you need to do is make a phone call and it promts you to turn it back on.
    Thats funny... mine nearly died (got low enough for the signal to be turned off by the phone) and when i tried to make a call i didnt get a prompt. it simply said "radio signal off due to low battery" or something similar.
    12-04-08 04:10 AM
    my storm had to be pluged in all the time the battery was so bad but now seens to improved i plug it in at nigh but i got it auto turn of at midnight and restart at 7am. Vodafone siad to turn it off every other day for updates and for better reception as it picks up the best conection in your area. if you dont it will just remember the one it used the day before and may not be as good as a newer one in the area? how true this is i have no idea but i dont seem to be having any more issues
    12-04-08 04:16 AM
    Thats funny... mine nearly died (got low enough for the signal to be turned off by the phone) and when i tried to make a call i didnt get a prompt. it simply said "radio signal off due to low battery" or something similar.
    well what's weird was, i looked at my phone and saw the low battery symbol so i plugged it in...then went to bed.
    the next day it was not on or could be turned on so i was fussing with it starting to panic when i noticed the mini usb wasn't all the way in. i need to pay attention i guess..lol

i got the same message you did but at the end it just said do you want to reconnect and i clicked yes. oh well

i'm just glad i found someone else who had the same problem...don't want to get roasted for repeat-posting a thread. LOL
    12-04-08 04:20 AM
    well what's weird was, i looked at my phone and saw the low battery symbol so i plugged it in...then went to bed.
    the next day it was not on or could be turned on so i was fussing with it starting to panic when i noticed the mini usb wasn't all the way in. i need to pay attention i guess..lol

i got the same message you did but at the end it just said do you want to reconnect and i clicked yes. oh well

i'm just glad i found someone else who had the same problem...don't want to get roasted for repeat-posting a thread. LOL
    Maybe i did have the prompt but didnt notice. something to look out for next time i guess *shrugs*
    12-04-08 04:21 AM
    I turn my radio off every night to preserve the battery and because I use my storm as an alarm clock I dont want to hear alerts everytime I recieve email at night.

To turn your radiio back on you can also go to Manage Connection. If there is a red x on mobile network just click on it and a green check with the words verizon wireless will appear. Your radio is back on and all the emails and text messages will be sent to your phone.
    Last edited by teacher69; 12-04-08 at 04:27 AM.
    12-04-08 04:21 AM
    my storm had to be pluged in all the time the battery was so bad but now seens to improved i plug it in at nigh but i got it auto turn of at midnight and restart at 7am. Vodafone siad to turn it off every other day for updates and for better reception as it picks up the best conection in your area. if you dont it will just remember the one it used the day before and may not be as good as a newer one in the area? how true this is i have no idea but i dont seem to be having any more issues
    yeah? i don't know about that connection theory they have

maybe its true, but i thought i read somewhere in here that the connection changes as you move...who knows lol
    12-04-08 04:23 AM
    I turn my radio off every night to preserve the battery and because I use my storm as an alarm clock I dont want to hear alerts everytime I recieve email at night.

To turn your radiio back on you can also go to Manage Connection. If there is a red x on mobile network just click on it and a green check with the words verizon wireless will appear. Your radio is back on and all the emails and text messages will be sent to your phone.
    holy cow!! thats what i was looking for!! thank you

i looked everywhere for that...duhh...brain dump

i thought it was stupid to have to make a call to restore your connection...forget my original post now, lol,
    that was the only reason i chimed in was to leave a tip...but teacher69 has posted some common sense
    it also makes sense to turn off so it doesnt beep all night long...cool

thanks again!
    12-04-08 04:37 AM
    Night is the only time i can charge it because i cant keep my hands off it...
    05-07-09 03:18 PM

I use the automatic on/off feature to keep from hearing alerts at night and still have the alarm clock in the morning. Mine is set to turn off at midnight and on at 7:00am. When the alarm is set for earlier than 7:00am it still goes off as it should. If I go to bed before midnight, I turn the phone off and the alarm still goes off the next morning at the right time.
    05-07-09 10:09 PM
    Mine goes into the cradle at night and acts as my alarm clock. Then when I hop into my work truck in the morning I pull it out of the holster and toss it into my Bury cradle which also charges it. I rarely drop below 90% in a day. It's nice to have a fully charged battery all the time. You never know when you're going to be away from power for a long period of time.
    05-09-09 04:54 PM
    holy cow!! thats what i was looking for!! thank you

i looked everywhere for that...duhh...brain dump

i thought it was stupid to have to make a call to restore your connection...forget my original post now, lol,
    that was the only reason i chimed in was to leave a tip...but teacher69 has posted some common sense
    it also makes sense to turn off so it doesnt beep all night long...cool

thanks again!
    Or you can enable bedside mode?
    Same thing, but automatic

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-09 10:56 PM

Hmmm. I just put mine on silent, leaving the radio on. The alarm clock will still go off full blast even when the sound profile is on silent, eliminating the email/phone/text alerts. At least it does on mine...
    05-10-09 04:34 AM
    Mine goes into the cradle at night and acts as my alarm clock. Then when I hop into my work truck in the morning I pull it out of the holster and toss it into my Bury cradle which also charges it. I rarely drop below 90% in a day. It's nice to have a fully charged battery all the time. You never know when you're going to be away from power for a long period of time.
    yeah definitley a good idea.

When I'm at work, I'm never near power long enough to charge it at all, so I like to come to work with a full charge. Sometimes I'll work a 12 hour shift, and it won't last I finally bought a car charger just in case. Many a time I've had the radio switch off due to low battery, and I'll just go throw it in my truck for a few hours and be without a phone. which is really inconvienent, but its the same as having the phone with no radio
    05-10-09 04:36 AM
    same here, and I have left it on the charger for 12+ hours (left the house with out my phone ) and never had a problem and if I do go out of town and forget my charger it can last a day and a half and I text a lot.
    05-10-09 05:05 AM
    Night is the only time i can charge it because i cant keep my hands off it...
    Same with me!!!
    05-10-09 05:37 AM
    How/When do you guys charge your storm?

I charge mine overnight and unplug in morning. Would this be bad for the battery or the phone?
    And when you go to a Verizon store the tech asks how you charge the battery. If you tell him overnight, they say wrong. VZW says charge not more than 3 hours.

But I still charge overnight and I get great battery life. Once a month I drain the battery and recharge for better life.
    05-10-09 05:38 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD