ok so because I was still really skeptic about the hype I decided to find out for myself first hand...

The manager at my local verizon stated that people were in fact coming for a overnight visit to her knowledge.

So I drove up there a little bit ago around 9 pm

The verizon is in a strip mall type thing and there is seating for a few restaurants outside.

There was people sitting down right to the left of the door about 4 or 5 I yelled out my window to ask if they were staying the night and they in fact said they were starting the line.

crazy!

I tried to take pics using my iPhone I don't currently have a digital camera with me so obviously they didn't turn out good enough to show anything.
    Last edited by noaim; 11-20-08 at 11:23 PM.
    11-20-08 11:21 PM
    what city or store?
    11-20-08 11:26 PM
    Ohhh, the lucky bastages, no shelter or warmth for me in Kansas City (at least the one I'm at)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-08 11:27 PM
    nice !! lol im excited !
    11-20-08 11:28 PM
    as much as I love the new storm, I am not camping out at freezing point overnight for a phone. I can wait for a couple more days
    11-20-08 11:33 PM
    same with me lol. i'm not camping out. if i can't get it tomorrow morning, i'll wait until saturday... I can't wait though! lol
    11-20-08 11:35 PM
    I would call the local authorities and report a disturbance. If nothing else, in these individuals heads.
    11-20-08 11:43 PM
    hey noaim, what location are u?
    11-20-08 11:46 PM
    I would call the local authorities and report a disturbance. If nothing else, in these individuals heads.
    lmao- call it in as a bunch of drunks.
    11-20-08 11:49 PM
    I'll be there at 5am.
    11-20-08 11:51 PM
    lmao- call it in as a bunch of drunks.
    "Hello operator...I just drove by the strip mall and there were a bunch of people standing outside, when I drove by they started spewing racial epithets at me and it looked like they were passing around packages of powdered sugar. I wasn't sure what they were doing but when they started exposing themselves I thought it was best my 5 year old and I leave".
    11-20-08 11:54 PM
    There is no way I will wait in the cold. I have been checking online (in my warm and comfortable bed) for an hour and still no sight of Storm - http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/s-e...-online-98658/
    11-20-08 11:54 PM
    No one outside the store in Westlake, Ohio
    11-21-08 12:05 AM
    There is no way I will wait in the cold. I have been checking online (in my warm and comfortable bed) for an hour and still no sight of Storm - http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/s-e...-online-98658/
    Thats because everybody here on the west coast is still up.
    11-21-08 12:07 AM
    No one outside the store in Westlake, Ohio
    11-21-08 12:08 AM
    Drove by several stores on my way home in Phoenix in hopes of getting some funny shots. No one outside any of them & no cars in the parking lots (so no sleepers).
    11-21-08 12:20 AM
    Ohio! wow
    11-21-08 12:37 AM
    guess we all arent as insane as we thought
    11-21-08 12:51 AM
    Well, only a few of us are it seems. I'm curious as to the amount that plan on showing up a few hours before opening

11-21-08 01:02 AM
    I just got up to head out to my verizon store. I have two ways to rationalize this. I have to take someone to the airport near the store for an early flight, why not hang around and be in line. Plus I have class in the morning and need this because otherwise I won't be able to get until much later.

11-21-08 03:17 AM
    I am outside my storm and there is 3 people and we all in our cars. Lol
    11-21-08 04:16 AM
    Yea there's no way for me to rationalize this. But hey, whatever. I am 'camping' in front of verizon with no one in sight... however, my 'tent' is a chase bank, and when I say no one in sight I mean there are plenty of people around, just not infront of verizon.

Oy.

11-21-08 04:19 AM
    I wonder if people want this thing and just can't afford it right now because of the economy, or if this will just go down as another failed attempt at making something better than the iPhone? (Yeah I said it)

Either way, my Curve and I are comfortably laying down and my Storm isn't scheduled to come home with me, for about week or so.

Good luck to all the campers, you guys are my heros!

11-21-08 04:27 AM
    I'm in my car outside my VZW store in O'Fallon, MO. I was the 2nd one here when I arrived at 615a. Manager told me they will give out line numbers at 7am, so we won't have to wait in the cold. There's a bagel shop a few doors down. Its 25 degrees right now.

11-21-08 06:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD