Well after 4 hours I finally got all 3 email accounts up and working. 2 of them are exchangebyregister accounts that wont go to the blackberry unless you use a web portal.

Still need help on the following:

I am using web portals to get my emaill on my Storm. How do i get my outlook 2003 contacts into my storm. i need specifics

Thanks

technically challenged
    11-21-08 08:01 PM
    Install the included software on your PC the sync with outlook.
    You will need both of the included CD'd first the driver, install driver only (there are 3 choices and you want #3)
    Then install BB desktop Mgr from the 2nd CD
    Configure sync to sync with outlook Contacts and maybe calendar
    Presto!
    11-21-08 08:07 PM
    thanks. i will give that a try
    dy
    11-21-08 08:26 PM
    worked awesome. Thanks!
    11-21-08 08:38 PM
    Well after 4 hours I finally got all 3 email accounts up and working. 2 of them are exchangebyregister accounts that wont go to the blackberry unless you use a web portal.

Still need help on the following:

I am using web portals to get my emaill on my Storm. How do i get my outlook 2003 contacts into my storm. i need specifics

Thanks

technically challenged
    So how did you do it? Can you give step by step. I think I'm pretty tech savy and I couldn't get my exchange email on this thing. I thought I'd have to take it back but you're giving me hope. I like the device and want to keep it but afraid I can't if I cannot get email to work.

When you say you're using web portals to get your email, you don't mean you are reading email in a web browser, do you? That would suck.
    11-21-08 09:16 PM
    Did you setup the desktop manager that came on the CD? You need to select Setup enterprise.
    11-21-08 09:40 PM
    No It works awesome. the VZ phone tech called Blackberry and found that if you have an email account that isnt supported, ie exchangebyregister but you have access via web like an owa account.
    go to http:// www. blackberry. com/go/vzw , (this is the blackberry internet service)
    once your signed in,select add an email account, , select the web portal option. when it asked for the web address, open another browser, go to your web login for your email and log in. once logged in, use that address, not the intitial webpage. the rest went easy. let me know if i need to be more specific.

It will automatically add email icoms to your desktop on the storm. I notice it has about a 5-10 minute lag time in getting the email versus my main computer, but it works great, no signing in, and when you go to delete the email, it will ask if you want it deleted on the BB or the server.

dy
    11-22-08 06:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD