Other than having a big screen, what are the advantages of using a touchscreen on the Storm? Are there gestures or short cuts available to the Storm that are NOT available on the QWERTY keyboard blackberrys? I have a 8330 Curve and considering switching to the Storm 2 and am interested in knowing why the touchscreen would be a better choice. Thanks for your help.
    09-20-09 09:46 PM
    well because its the uber cool thing to do nowadays.

Oh and yes the screen is one of the best things and not to mention the S2 will have wifi, more app memory, better screen technology. You should go into the Storm 2 section and read up on it.
    09-20-09 09:50 PM
    Seeing all the issues with the trackballs, I'm glad I can access all the apps I need without having to rely on a trackball. Sounds like typing will be a breeze on the the Storm2 once you get used not having the physical keyboard. The full screen is a reason why I couldn't go to any of the other devices.
    09-20-09 10:16 PM
    easier to touch navigate than controlling a cursor with a track ball. Typing might not be as good but it has improved on storm with new SW

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 10:23 PM
    I had an 8900 about three weeks ago and am glad to have gone to the storm. The trackball was a pain, the keys were clustered and it felt cheap. The OS that comes with the Storm is ahead of the OS of the older BB. The storm 2 will be worth it IMO.

09-20-09 11:36 PM
    The feeling of the clicking screen is surprisingly delightful.
    09-21-09 04:22 AM
    Storm 2 will be what the Storm 1 was supposed to be...
    Screen click issues will no longer be.... 5.0 hopefully?

navigating on phone is way quicker than a trackball
    09-21-09 05:48 AM
    i still think that one of the nice things is the variety of keyboards there are available to use on it. Because sometimes i just feel like using suretype as opposed to a full qwerty. With the storm I have that option.
    09-21-09 09:37 AM
    Also storm is a lot heavier than other berries so makes an excellent paper weight. Also of used correctly can be used as a weapon

09-21-09 11:27 AM
    for me with my big thumbs, the Curve I had before wasn't cutting it in the typing arena. Even though the storm doesn't have a physical keyboard, it's better than the Curve for me.
    09-21-09 12:36 PM
    I've said it before and I'll say it again; once you've used a touchscreen that functions properly, I can't understand why anyone would ever want to go back to using a very reduced display and a trackball for navigation. Huge step backwards IMO.
    09-21-09 12:45 PM
    i like the fact that when you're browsing/reading/writing emails, you can hide the keyboard to enable a larger screen, or switch to landscape/portrait for a better view of things...just wish that media player allowed for portait video viewing...it would be easier for one handed use...

get your mind out of the gutter
    09-21-09 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD