I have the storm 9530 and I'm currently running v4.7.0.148 i have terrible memory leak, Some users suggested a os upgrade so which one is good for me? I'm a noob and would prefer a os system that i would still b able to use the apps i have installed (bb world, facebook, ubertwiter, bbm5, aim, app center,) I also have major memory leak last night it went from 50.6mb down to like 16 i did a battery restart and it went up to 56.6 but today it's dropped all the way to 30.2 it fluctuates up and down (currently it's 31.2mb) so which one is right for me guys???
    09-24-09 11:35 AM
    If you dont use themes, .167 is fast, stable, compatible with every app I've used, and there isn't a noticeable memory leak.
    09-24-09 11:39 AM
    If you dont use themes, .167 is fast, stable, compatible with every app I've used, and there isn't a noticeable memory leak.
    nope no theme one more question do you have a link and instructions to install it... preferably step by step every nook and cranny step lol i have no clue what i'm doing
    09-24-09 11:40 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/al...-betas-123176/

That is a link to the master list of current betas and official.

It really isn't hard. Just download the file, install it using the installer that it comes with. Open desktop manager and it will recognize the new software. Make sure you back up your BB before you start just in case.

I have .167 and it's fast, stable, and haven't noticed any problems with it. It's much faster than .148 and there are several little features that improve the Storm. I am loving my Storm...again.

Hope that helped.
    09-24-09 11:55 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/al...-betas-123176/

That is a link to the master list of current betas and official.

It really isn't hard. Just download the file, install it using the installer that it comes with. Open desktop manager and it will recognize the new software. Make sure you back up your BB before you start just in case.

I have .167 and it's fast, stable, and haven't noticed any problems with it. It's much faster than .148 and there are several little features that improve the Storm. I am loving my Storm...again.

Hope that helped.

well imma get to it!! thanks ... i just hope i don't **** my phone up lol
    09-24-09 11:59 AM
    iight real fast it says remove rim tools ummm is it mandatory or no?
    09-24-09 12:01 PM
    iight real fast it says remove rim tools ummm is it mandatory or no?
    Yes, it won't work otherwise.
    09-24-09 12:10 PM
    download the ones that have RIM tools removed already...that's what I did. The file should be 120 MB (I think).
    09-24-09 12:15 PM
    download the ones that have RIM tools removed already...that's what I did. The file should be 120 MB (I think).
    ok ill do that one!!
    09-24-09 12:17 PM
    Make sure you read instructions. Ur phone will work with thee internal tools, but you don't want it on ur phone, so you should definitely remove it from add remove programs in control panel before upgrading phone.
    Another thing to keep in mind is to delete the vendor file.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-09 12:32 PM
    im installing it now.... I'm scared lol
    09-24-09 12:36 PM
    Make sure you read instructions. Ur phone will work with thee internal tools, but you don't want it on ur phone, so you should definitely remove it from add remove programs in control panel before upgrading phone.
    Another thing to keep in mind is to delete the vendor file.

hold what? i did everything the thing said step by step it said nothing of what you just said!! what is this stuff?
    09-24-09 12:37 PM
    There should be a vendor.xml file you need to delete prior to installing on your phone. I can't post link for a good thread since I am on phone right now. Hopefully someone else can.

09-24-09 12:41 PM
    There should be a vendor.xml file you need to delete prior to installing on your phone. I can't post link for a good thread since I am on phone right now. Hopefully someone else can.

i seen that it said

# If you are NOT on Verizon, delete vendor.xml file. It’s located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

i'm on verizon tho
    09-24-09 12:43 PM
    You can delete it anyway. If the update didn't come from verizon than you need to delete it, .167 didn't come from verizon so I would delete it.

09-24-09 12:45 PM
    Someone get the picture out with the guy banging his head against the wall. Here we go again.
    09-24-09 12:46 PM
    i canceled the upgrade but it says im now running on that system 167 so did it upgrade or not??? my storm slider is still one here and my backup data is now getting put on??????
    09-24-09 12:54 PM
    Without knowing where you stopped it or what you did. I would suggest reinstalling it on the phone again and wiping if you can beforehand.

09-24-09 01:25 PM
    Without knowing where you stopped it or what you did. I would suggest reinstalling it on the phone again and wiping if you can beforehand.

I would reinstall it. Once the updating begins, don't cancel it...it could cause corruption of files and an incomplete install bricking your Storm.
    09-24-09 01:30 PM
    how do i wipe it out completely
    09-24-09 02:16 PM
    iight i just connected it to dm and it asked me to downgrade (to the official os system) that's what im gonna do
    09-24-09 02:23 PM
    ok now can someone tell me what I did wrong? it said not to remove the vendor file if you have verizon i didn't and people said i was doing it wrong???
    09-24-09 02:26 PM
    ok now can someone tell me what I did wrong? it said not to remove the vendor file if you have verizon i didn't and people said i was doing it wrong???
    On some OS's, with Verizon it didn't matter if you did or didn't, but with many of the newer OS's you have to.

C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/App Loader

Delete vendor.xml from there. I believe that's the right path, that's just off the top of my head, correct me if I'm wrong.
    09-24-09 02:34 PM
    iight i got my storm back on the official os not doing that n e time soon smh
    09-24-09 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD