I called TeleSales and they were able to complete order, but with the 7-10 business day shipping only. Anybody else get this response? I was trying to get the Saturday delivery...
    11-20-08 10:18 AM
    you can get sat delivery by 12pm. its an extra 19.99
    11-20-08 10:19 AM
    I've heard from more than one person that you can now order it today and have it over-nighted tomorrow. Someone at my work did this with the rep at the store.
    11-20-08 10:22 AM
    I called TeleSales and they were able to complete order, but with the 7-10 business day shipping only. Anybody else get this response? I was trying to get the Saturday delivery...

Hmm I am starting to suspect that the reason they told you 7-10 days is because of the flashing that is required & they are expecting a shortage so they are pushing back DF out to the 7-10 day time frame. THIS is going to infuriate ALOT of people when they find our that their Storms will not be delivered to them on Saturday as promise.
    11-20-08 10:28 AM
    I've heard from more than one person that you can now order it today and have it over-nighted tomorrow. Someone at my work did this with the rep at the store.
    I have a feeling people who go this route will be sadly disappointed.
    11-20-08 10:29 AM
    I've heard time and time again that orders today aren't possible. We're going to have to wait until tomorrow. Until someone takes a pic and posts it (of the actual telephone conversation), it didn't happen.
    11-20-08 10:30 AM
    Notabun: Do you know the number your co-worker called. I have tried calling Telesales, CS, and went to the store near me. I get the same answer from everyone. Not available until tomorrow. Telesales can overnight to arrive on Saturday for $19.99.

If anyone knows of how to order early to receive tomorrow, I am ALL EARS!!!
    11-20-08 10:31 AM
    pics or it didn't happen
    11-20-08 10:32 AM
    I just called a local store a few minutes ago and the guy said that you could indeed get Saturday shipping but at an additional cost. if it's $19.99 like anar hy says, then I'm getting mine Saturday as it looks like there will be ZERO availability here in the Boston area.

The fella said that the decision to upgrade the software was made by Verizon on Monday and that's delaying the units to be sent to the locations. I asked him if this was horsesh!t designed to create some buzz and he said "unfortunately not, our store was relaying on the business".

It's disappointing but it appears Verizon will botch their first major new phone release.
    11-20-08 10:33 AM
    Well, of course the information from the store rep could be wrong, but that is what they did. The store rep entered it into the system TODAY and set it for overnight shipping, so they are under the assumption that it will arrive tomorrow for my co-worker. I'm a little leary of this too, but if I did do it and it somehow came Saturday, it would not be the end of the world for me.
    11-20-08 10:35 AM
    here is my two cents. just got off the phone with the manager of the hammond, la store. she said they are getting 6 in their shipment. they are a first come first basis. the ENTIRE store is having to come in tomorrow at 5am to begin dfilling the orders. they are not able to guarantee the phones will be shipped for at least 7 days. she said it may be less but is required to say 7 days. their store will open at 7am, too.
    11-20-08 10:36 AM
    I've been on a 'list' with my local store, I was just called by the guy who let me know the store was opening early, he expects lines, and he expects to sell out. However, since I was on his list, if I want to skip the madness, I can call in later in the morning and place the order over the phone and he'll give me Saturday delivery for free.

I think that's the route I'm going. I might drive by the place in the morning and check out any lines but I can wait one more day.
    11-20-08 10:37 AM
    I believe we should lobby with crackberry to officially change the name of this from "Blackberry Forums at Crackberry.com" to... "Pics or it didn't Happen Forums"

pics or it didn't happen
    11-20-08 10:37 AM
    Garath - I would be worried about going this route. I talked with people at a few different VZW stores and i keep hearing the same thing. First Come - First Served. The list was designed specifically to get a ballpark estimate about interest for that store so that they would know how many to ship.

If this guy is claiming to do this for you, he is just going to have yours sent from the Direct Fullfillment spot, same as if you called telesales and bought one. (They arent shipping one from this store.)
    11-20-08 10:39 AM
    Garath - I would be worried about going this route. I talked with people at a few different VZW stores and i keep hearing the same thing. First Come - First Served. The list was designed specifically to get a ballpark estimate about interest for that store so that they would know how many to ship.

If this guy is claiming to do this for you, he is just going to have yours sent from the Direct Fullfillment spot, same as if you called telesales and bought one. (They arent shipping one from this store.)
    Exactly, he said as much. He won't have enough in the store to meet demand (or at least that's his expectation) but the local warehouse will. Ordering it through him over the phone will be no different than telesales other than he's already marked me down for the free Saturday delivery where I would probably pay the $20 through telesales.
    11-20-08 10:53 AM
    just found out that all phone orders will not be processef until monday and shipped out for tuesday-wed delivery...
    hope he is wrong..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-08 11:39 AM
    I've heard time and time again that orders today aren't possible. We're going to have to wait until tomorrow. Until someone takes a pic and posts it (of the actual telephone conversation), it didn't happen.
    Please tell me how the **** do you take a photo of a phone conversation.

Like come on now....
    11-20-08 11:55 AM
    Please tell me how the **** do you take a photo of a phone conversation.

Like come on now....
    If I had my storm, I could take a video of it... but then what would be the point?
    11-20-08 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD