i pre-ordered with my verizon rep before friday. she said i WILL have my phone no later than the following tuesday (today).

i'm still stormless, and found out when i called that my order will be shipped on december 5th.

i emailed corporate and explained my situation, and a rep actually called me, and explained the delay... i told her that i'm not mad, just a little disappointed. she said she understood, and we hung up.

a few hours later, i received an email from, "[email protected]," and my order is in transit from PA right now.

good news: the storm is coming

bad news: it will arrive on friday the 28th at 7pm...at my office. my whole building is closed this coming friday.

i'm actually thinking about waiting for the fedex guy/girl infront of the building. haha. i'm still very excited!!!
    11-25-08 08:52 PM
    Maybe the reps say that date just to give the company a cushion, just in case there are shipment delays (due to the Thanksgiving holiday, manufacturing, flashing,....).

I ordered the Storm on Friday the 21st in a store at 8:22 PM. Today, the tracking info is in the system and delivery should be tomorrow. Maybe the fact that I ordered the phone late evening, when the POS systems were coming back on line, helped me.
    11-25-08 08:56 PM
    I ordered mine late friday evening also.. and was told 5 different stories when i called throughout the day.. everywhere from my phone would ship today, to it wont ship until the 5th..
    11-25-08 09:17 PM
    i pre-ordered with my verizon rep before friday. she said i WILL have my phone no later than the following tuesday (today).

i'm still stormless, and found out when i called that my order will be shipped on december 5th.

i emailed corporate and explained my situation, and a rep actually called me, and explained the delay... i told her that i'm not mad, just a little disappointed. she said she understood, and we hung up.

a few hours later, i received an email from, "[email protected]," and my order is in transit from PA right now.

good news: the storm is coming

bad news: it will arrive on friday the 28th at 7pm...at my office. my whole building is closed this coming friday.

i'm actually thinking about waiting for the fedex guy/girl infront of the building. haha. i'm still very excited!!!

When you say the corporate email, who/what email are you referring to?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tswartz3 View Post
    my contract is with national government accounts. i just got off the phone with her and she told me that all orders PROCESSED by 2pm on the 21st will be shipped out today. all orders PROCESSED AFTER 2 will be shipped on or after the 5th. i dont know if this is just for national government accounts or the mainstream consumer accounts. all i know is that she told me for my number is that my order was shipped out today (dont have the permission to get tracking number with all the government security and such) but i should recieve mine either tommorw or fri due to thanksgiving on thurs. hope this helps shed some light on all left in the dark.

Cheers!
    I think you could call back 5 more times and get 5 different explanations on what will happen and why.

None of them have a clue. Like others posters have said, people on this forum know more than store employees and reps on the phone.

ya i experienced this.

I was in line, and they sold out. They took a slip to order for me. I had a store rep who was supposed to order for me morning of aswell, but I wanted to try and get it that morning, so when that didn't happen I filled out a fullfillment slip to be safe. My rep did not order it till 12:10 CT. I had to call her 3 times just to get that done as at 9am she said she was doing it, then at 1030 she said she forgot and was going to do it now, then at 12 she said she got busy and would do it while i was on the phone.

- CS rep told me I should receive it Sat 22nd November
    - CS Rep told me I will get it Monday 24th November
    - CS rep told me that they can't give me status update and have to call the store I ordered from. She called store, and apparently they were having a meeting discussing the situation, so I had to call later.
    -Called store, store told me no information, and they had no idea except that it should hopefully ship by Dec 5th. Store later responded stating no new tracking info.
    -CS rep told me will ship after Dec 5th
    -Today called the store and rep told me that they cannot give me status updates on order and gave me 1800 number instead.
    -Called 1800 # and CS rep told me will ship after Dec 15th

I can appreciate the fact, that people say you will get it when you get it, I would just appreciate not getting the run around, and I do think this is a poor launch on verizons part, for a service provider thats supposed to provide better service.

as others have said, just disappointed.
    11-25-08 09:21 PM
    I've gotten other emails from Verizon about other issues today, so it's not a spam filter thing.
    Yeah, Verizon sent me an email letting me know my bill was due. Good to know they at least know HOW to email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 09:23 PM
    cward: i went to verizonwireless.com and clicked on CONTACT US, and i sent them an email. the rep that called me back was from corporate. she said she got my email and decided to call me to explain the situation. the number came up, "unavailable."

send an email through the website. you'll get an automated confirmation email at first, and then a person will respond to your email within 24 hours. that's what they did for me. my rep's name was adeidra. she was very helpful, and informative.

i was getting the run around too...i thought it was a long shot emailing through the website, but it helped me out a lot. give it a shot. it can't hurt, right?
    11-25-08 09:33 PM
    Yeah, Verizon sent me an email letting me know my bill was due. Good to know they at least know HOW to email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    aw man... that made me laugh so hard. i needed that. thanks.
    11-25-08 09:34 PM
    I too ordered mine on Friday before noon. I have yet to get any information on my Storm. I called CS today, they didn't even see any record of it, I then spoke to my rep who could only tell me it's been sent to the warehouse. Since my CC had already been charged I decided to call one more time and at the very least get an Order Number (and at least have some comfort in knowing it's on my account), only to find that there is no order number on my account. So now they are "looking" into it. Great, now I'll have to order again and wait until December who knows when for a different one to ship.
    Last edited by SC234523; 11-26-08 at 05:48 PM.
    11-26-08 03:08 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD