Just downloaded ORB...and so far everything is great. Am thinking about buying a TV Tuner, but I'm hesitant that I won't be able to connect my Verizon FIOS TV to it. I guess it would work the same as any TV when a Cable Box is needed.

Anyone ever try this?

I'm guessing I would have to run from my box, to my tuner?

Do I need a separate box for my tuner or can I split off one that is set up to a TV in my office?

Any help is appreciated. TV on the Storm would be a dream...but want to make sure it will work before I dump $80 in a PC TV Tuner.

Thanks all!!
    11-27-08 08:16 PM
    Bump....anyone?
    11-28-08 09:08 AM
    i suggest going to a site called the green button, it is a Windows Media Center forum, it is a good site with tons of info. I could try to explain how to set it up for you but its way to technical. need your pc info, types of video outs on your cable box, if it is a single tuner box or a dual tuner, your operation system plays a part. I guess post that info and ill try to talk you through it
    11-28-08 10:50 AM
    Don't know much about fios, but I think they dont use a coaxial cable right? Most computer TV tuners use an antenna, and come Feb 2009, that won't work anymore

Slingbox should come out for blackberrys soon (hopefully) its been in its beta version for a while. I just hope they make it storm compatible
    11-28-08 10:52 AM
    Most computer TV tuners use an antenna, and come Feb 2009, that won't work anymore
    Newer computer tuners can receive digital OTA signals, and will work after February when analog broadcasts terminate.

Also, if you're using FIOS (or any cable or satellite system, for that matter), you're not receiving OTA anyway, and the transition in February won't change anything. Your TV provider has to deal with the transition, but the end user won't see any change in what's coming out of their set-top box (except, perhaps, they'll receive a sharper picture.)

(OTA == Over The Air, i.e., broadcast)
    11-28-08 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD