Are there any conflicts with the data plan? Let's say you stream a ton of Sirius (Stern), music from your desktop, and movies. was just curious if this is still under the unlimited usage for the data plan or is it capped (5gb)? Thanks for ur help.
    Last edited by tsivas27; 12-08-08 at 11:03 AM.
    12-08-08 10:45 AM
    Good question as I do the same.
    12-08-08 10:52 AM
    per verizon- we shouldn't be streaming to our storms. i was just asking about our data plan and the guy on phone had mega power trip.

VZ guy- "SIR YOU SHOULDNT BE STREAMING TO YOUR STORM."

me- "umm, I didn't say I was. I was just asking about data usage and if you can access files/pics from your desktop at home. I am using an online website to do so. I am not tethering or using any modem capabilities. Your plan states unlimited data usage for internet."

VZ guy- "Again sir, if you are on the internet all day you are ok. However, if you are streaming, you have a violation that would go against your contract."

wow.. that was a big help. any of you guys know what the deal is?
    12-08-08 11:00 AM
    I've been using Orb for some time now with my old Pearl... Never had a problem, and I stream about 2+ hours a day of sirius...
    12-08-08 11:02 AM
    good to know. so funny to hear the power trips some of these guys have.
    12-08-08 11:04 AM
    "Unlimited" is capped at 5gb. ******** use of the word unlimited.
    12-08-08 11:05 AM
    that cap for 5gb is for modem/tethering as far as I understood from him. that is- using your storm as a modem for your laptop.

for regular internet- I was under the impression that it was unlimited.
    12-08-08 11:07 AM
    Not sure if it's the same over there but in the UK it works like follows:

Emails and Internet go through the Blackberry APN that is added to your number on the network, this is what on GSM device gives the capital GPRS or 3G with the BB symbol to right of it.

Using your phone as a modem goes through (on Vodafone) what's called the internet APN. However Vodafones tariffs the data included 500mb or 5GB includes usage on all APN's.

So if you are using a streaming service through browser on phone that browser will be using the blackberry apn as long as you have selected Blackberry Browser or Internet Browser on the phone and they can't really differentiate that from just browsing pages. Other than the obvious they'd see constant data use on the bill during your streaming times.
    12-08-08 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD