Heya folks,

Currently using my "Hot Rodded" 8300 Curve, and everything is working just fine and dandy.

I have a bud that has a 9500 Storm that's 6 months old'ish and in MINT shape that he'll give me for the cost of the difference in his upgrade to an S2 (which is about $75.oo, IIRC). His S1 is already unlocked, and ready to go.

So:
    Should I go ahead and jump on it and convert the S1 over to AT&T, pop the Curve on eBay and sell it with all it's goodies, and never look back to a trackball? Or do you GSM S1 users think that your phones are just too buggy?

Jack
    03-05-10 09:49 AM
    I don't believe you can use a 9500 on North American networks; different frequencies.
    03-05-10 10:57 AM
    $75 is a steal. I'd say - go for it!
    03-05-10 12:53 PM
    Anyone else?
    I have one completely wrong answer, and one "go for it".
    Where are all the GSM Storm users?
    I know you're out there!

Jack
    03-07-10 04:37 PM
    I have a Verizon Storm (I run it with the T-Mob though).

The question really is how you use your phone. If you use it for work or a lot of e-mails and texts then I would definitely think twice since typing on the screen for long periods of time us not comfortable.

The other issue is if you want a touchscreen phone. A lot of people don't you might.

Besides the obvious questions, for 75 bucks that's a great deal. You will need to upgrade to 5.0 since the default OS was buggy as crap.

I have used mine for a few months as my personal phone (I have an 8830 for work) and find that it works great. I use it for texting, web browsing (use Opera please), and music. The video on it looks pretty good too since the screen is just beautiful.

If you want a touchscreen phone, for 75 bucks you really can't beat it.

side-note: You will need new chargers and the ear piece is 3.5 instead of the 2.5.
    03-08-10 09:05 AM
    before .328 it was unusable. Now it is usable, with the occasional slowdown if you use it like a madman. I think it's worth it for the GPS with google maps, the faster general load times, the superior browsing experience when using opera or bolt, and the video playback capabilities. I like watching TV on the train.
    03-08-10 10:18 AM
    Tried switching to a 8530 from a 9530 and couldn't stand the small screen for surfing. Had to switch back after 2 days...
    03-08-10 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD