I can't bring up my keyboard. I have it set on the left side button. When i push it nothing happens. Double checked everything. I did a search but there were too many opera threads and searched through half no luck.
    HELP!!!!

Also Opera doesnt allow you to check boxes to save passwords???? So everytime i go to some forums i have to log in????
    Last edited by krispaintballz; 12-02-08 at 01:45 PM.
    12-02-08 01:40 PM
    Same thing happened to me when I upgraded to .75. Oh well, back to BB browser.
    12-02-08 02:04 PM
    i dont see an opera browser compatible for the storm. can you post a link?
    12-02-08 02:39 PM
    I'm curious if anybody has actually gotten Opera to work decently on the Storm. Yeah, it works, but it's pretty cumbersome. Obviously it wasn't designed for a full touchscreen phone. Or did I download the wrong version? All I know is I've downloaded it and tried it out twice now and I keep going back to the BB browser. Opera was great on my WM phone. Not so much on the Storm.
    12-02-08 02:47 PM
    Use this link:
    http://mini.opera.com/beta/mini.jad?...e&edition=hifi

You bring up the keyboard via the menu key, it'll be near the bottom. No, your side convenience keys will not work in Opera. Also don't bother pushing on the screen, Opera only uses "touch".

Opera is a lot faster than the built in browser, and sizes columns to fit the available screen space more intelligently. OperaMini uses a server farm to pre-format and accelerate web sites, you are not connected directly. Not all sites work well in Opera, you will always need another browser to use alongside it, such as the built-in browser. It can be kind of handy when you want to jump between two open sites.... Neither Opera nor the BB Browser allow multiple simultaneously open "tabs" like the iPhone browser. Remember you can use the blackberry button (hold > 1/2 second) to bring up an alt-tab menu from either browser.

You really need to dismiss everything you've learned about the Blackberry browser to get comfortable with OperaMini, allow yourself 2-5 days to get used to it, you won't be comfortable right away. I tend to do things that involve interaction such as filling in text fields etc in the BB browser, and use Opera mainly for surfing and reading.

--bg
    12-02-08 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD