Hey guys I've heard many rumors that the Storm is going to be exclusivly released to Verizon in the US, like the iPhone is with AT&T. Im with CellularSouth and I would really like to hear that its not going to be an exclusive deal with Verizon.

Thanks
    11-06-08 09:44 PM
    it is exclusive for the first three months (I believe three months)
    but yes it is coming out exclusive
    11-06-08 09:45 PM
    Ok, well I can deal with 3 months. My contract isnt eligible for upgrade until April. Got any idea as to which companies will pick it up?
    11-06-08 09:49 PM
    it is exclusive for the first three months (I believe three months)
    but yes it is coming out exclusive
    Where did you hear it was an exclusive for only 3 months?
    11-06-08 10:10 PM
    I was under the impression that it was exclusive for as long as it held its monthly quota.
    11-06-08 10:12 PM
    i heard it was a 90 day exclusive and also the gsm variant of the storm has been approved by the FCC, so the phone might be out for us GSM carriers (AT&T/T-mobile) sometimes next year, just speculation...
    11-06-08 10:13 PM
    In Business Week, it was stated:

On Oct. 8, Verizon Wireless and RIM said that beginning in November, the device will be available exclusively to Verizon Wireless customers in the U.S. and to Vodafone customers in Europe, Australia, and New Zealand. Verizon Wireless will be the exclusive Storm carrier for as long as the device is sold, the companies said.

When did that change and who reported it?
    11-06-08 10:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD