Hey guys,

First and foremost I love my storm. A previous owner of the pearl,8320-8900, this is by far my favorite Blackberry, however the ongoing browser issue is disturbing me.

I can have full internet speed for an hr and the next i am not even connected to the blackberry internet service.
    Can someone please help to resolve this issue?

When my internet is not connected to the BIS it goes really slow and i am unable to use my internet and bb messenger. I am tired of resetting my phone even that sometimes does not resolve the issue.
    Please offer workable solutions that help my storm to stay connected.

I even contacted rim and all the rep can tell is Bstorm services books does not work on t-mobile (oxymoron) but my service book should be on t-mobile since im using their network.

Yes ido have an upgraded software it is not a software issue, nor a phone malfunction by more like a configure issue either on t-mobiles part. do i need to re-unlock it again?
    07-10-09 11:38 AM
    Unfortunately if you're losing data connectivity, it IS a radio code issue. Try the newest .151 release and see if the radio connection is a bit better. Some people have had to stay with older software releases to get better GSM connectivity.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 11:45 AM
    Maybe you just need to reload .148, but give .151 a shot first. Sometimes you. Just don't get a clean install the first time. After updating be. Sure to pull the battery 3 times and toggle the radio on and off 3 times too. Allow 45 seconds between steps. Also check your network settings.

07-10-09 11:51 AM
    i downloaded it yesterday. the .75 software kept messing up my apps
    07-10-09 11:52 AM
    i downloaded it yesterday. the .75 software kept messing up my apps
    You downloaded which one yesterday? .148 or .151?

07-10-09 11:57 AM
    I downloaded the .151
    07-10-09 11:59 AM
    I downloaded the .151
    Well there's your problem
    I didn't have any luck with it either. I ended up going back to .148 after screwing around with it for over an hour, tried reloading it to no avail. I really wanted .151 to finally be the one but so far out of all the leaks .148 has been the most stable for me.

07-10-09 12:06 PM
    If your device is going from "EDGE" to "edge" this is because of an issue with the radio files.. Each time your device makes an APN request, it drops the data..

the only stable radio file i've seen that works is 4.7.0.75, any/all of the newer ones (minus .151), have this issue.
    07-10-09 12:07 PM
    I always wondered that but the OS kept messing up with my phone, it would dial randomly i just dont want to reload it and it give me the same problem.
    Shall i just wait for the 5.O?
    07-10-09 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD