So I just switched over to Verizon 3 months ago and I have an LG Dare. I REALLY want the Storm but im havinga hard time understanding how this works. From what I can gather, BB is trying to compete with the IPhone @ $199.00. I just talked to a guy I work with and he said he got the IPhone for 199 and he has had service with ATT for 6 months.

My question is, will BB set a high MSRP on this phone for current users? Will current users get any kind of break like the ATT people get with the IPhone?
    11-11-08 03:27 PM
    I'm not sure but from what I have read from other VZW users you have to have certain things in order to get a good deal/price. Since you are only 3 months in I think you might be stuck buying a storm for the no contract price. hopefully someone else that has VZW will answer you with better info. good luck and welcome to CB!
    11-11-08 03:41 PM
    You will have to pay the full retail price.
    11-11-08 03:47 PM
    yeah your screwed my friend, unless your on a family plan, i don't believe you have any other options
    11-11-08 03:54 PM
    My wife and I share a family plan, and we get a discount because of her workplace if that makes a difference.
    11-11-08 03:55 PM
    It works like this:

Verizon has a MSRP of say.. $549 for the phone, which is what you would pay if you had no contract.

Verizon sells the phone for less under a couple conditions:
    1. WHen opening a new account, you get a "new contract" (usually 2 years) price, which might be something like $199 for the phone
    2. After 1 year of your (assuming 2 yr) contract, you can be eligible for the same "new contract" price of $199

If you try to upgrade your phone before you are 1 year into your contract, you will more than likely have to pay the full retail cost of $549.

Note that there are other programs which can reduce the cost further, New Every Two, and the VIP program. The amount of discount depends on your voice plan for some programs.

Note.. the prices listed above are purely fictional.. in no way, no how, am I guessing at the cost of the Storm.. I don't want to be part of any **** storm that might ensue.
    11-11-08 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD