I've used cnn.cn for parts and youtubed a video to take my S1 apart. It's pretty easy. I'd give that a try before spending $ on a new phone.
    01-05-10 09:25 AM
    Ok so Im about to post some pictures, now the screen still works but the spider cracks seem to be getting bigger so it still needs to be fixed, now what Im wondering is that its right on on the bottom of the screen where theres the bigger dark black border, if I could just cut a piece of eletrical tape to the right size to put over it for a temporoary fix ?
    01-05-10 12:28 PM
    i think packing tape would hold better and its clear for the most part.
    01-05-10 12:56 PM
    i think packing tape would hold better and its clear for the most part.
    Ummmmmm......
    01-06-10 06:17 PM
    PAcking tape...it is clear tape, very thin, and very sticky. Electrical tape is black and isnt very usuable on glass....
    01-07-10 08:23 AM
    PAcking tape...it is clear tape, very thin, and very sticky. Electrical tape is black and isnt very usuable on glass....
    I get what your saying but as you stated packing tape is very sticky and I wouldnt want to take the chance when taking the tape off, having have the screen come with it!
    01-07-10 08:32 AM
    not that I am losing sleep over this thread, but...isnt the screen already broken and he has to take the screen off anyway to replace it? Mike ---- did you ever get the thing fixed???
    01-07-10 08:44 AM
    not that I am losing sleep over this thread, but...isnt the screen already broken and he has to take the screen off anyway to replace it? Mike ---- did you ever get the thing fixed???
    No not yet she wants to take it into telus she doesnt trust me or anyone else but telus to fix it ??? so shes just waiting for when she can go a week without her phone, thats why I asked about the electrical tape as a temporary fix just cause I dont want the cracks getting any bigger.
    01-07-10 08:54 AM
    Shes heartbroken and really angry what can I do ?
    And how do I go about fixing this ?

Thank you.
    cnn.cn sells screens, your just going to wait a while to get it (3 weeks or so)
    01-07-10 09:21 AM
    I hope you're kidding. This sounds like (no offense) the worst idea I have ever heard. There will be cracks in the screen and this isn't in any way a "fix." This is more like a band-aid.
    01-07-10 06:16 PM
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

The screen is already cracked so yes a band aid is right.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-10 06:24 PM
    But a fix is better.
    01-07-10 07:32 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD