Holy "F" I have been looking into the storm for the last 4 months, and been dying to get one. I entered the storm hunt and just got a call about 5 min ago 7:00 pm Eastern from someone saying that they are calling on the behalf of verizon wireless. They asked if I participated in the storm hunt, took down my info and said I should be getting the gift card in two weeks, and the phone in 4 to 6. YIPPIE, I don't ever win anything!!!!! its going to be great that I don't have to wait for my New every 2 to be up this summer.
    This is an awesome first post, hope you guys welcome me to the club nicely.
    11-08-08 06:01 PM
    Holy "F" I have been looking into the storm for the last 4 months, and been dying to get one. I entered the storm hunt and just got a call about 5 min ago 7:00 pm Eastern from someone saying that they are calling on the behalf of verizon wireless. They asked if I participated in the storm hunt, took down my info and said I should be getting the gift card in two weeks, and the phone in 4 to 6. YIPPIE, I don't ever win anything!!!!! its going to be great that I don't have to wait for my New every 2 to be up this summer.
    This is an awesome first post, hope you guys welcome me to the club nicely.
    Congrats! Just hope you're not BSing us. I'm sure if you hang around long, you will be a valued member of the family. Welcome to CB!
    11-08-08 06:04 PM
    4 to 6 weeks. =/ good job though! Congratulations.
    11-08-08 06:04 PM
    I can't b.s you guys, I have been waiting to sign up as a member till I got the phone. Thought I didn't deserve a login till I had it. I thought it was a joke myself, and almost didn't answer the phone, it was a "908" number from Jersy being in enfield CT, I thought it might be a telemarketer or something stupid. So glad I answered the phone. If I won, chances are that not too too many people entered yet. it must have been from the first day due to the claim that you will be notified in about 2 days.

good luck to everyone else that is trying to enter!
    11-08-08 06:13 PM
    Thought I didn't deserve a login till I had it.
    So much stupidity could be avoided if everyone thought like you.
    Respect. Hahaha and CONGRATULATIONS!
    11-08-08 06:23 PM
    Congrats! You must have positive Karma!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-08 06:24 PM
    4 to 6 weeks..... i reall hope this wont reflect the actual release date ....
    11-08-08 06:48 PM
    I am going to go under the assumption that 4 to 6 weeks is just standard shipping time to get almost anywhere in the country. if the phone is released in the next two to 3 weeks (end of the month), I would assume they ship it after that, this would give the winners an ETA of 4 to 6. but I dont work for verizon or rim or any tech company for that matter so your guess is as good as mine.
    11-08-08 06:54 PM
    Yeah, most contests, rebates, etc have pretty long shipping times from what I've seen

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-08 06:56 PM
    Woohoo! I just got the call, too!

"Do you remember entering to win a BlackBerry Storm in the Verizon Wireless Storm Hunt?"

Uh, dude, IT'S ALL I DID ON THURSDAY AFTERNOON (and much of Friday)!

SUUWEEET!!! 4-6 weeks for delivery on the phone (sucks) because "we don't even have them yet," but the $50 gift card will be in mail before that.

To echo OP - I've never won ANYTHING before this (at least nothing based on a drawing or random selection) -- no raffles, no door prizes, no "10th caller," no 1000th customer -- nada.

He called right as Penn State was losing to Iowa (sh*t), so it helped with the sting!

And for the curious: no, I'm not in NYC. I followed the clues from the website to find the locations on google-maps and/or the web, then I guessed at the keywords. Got 32 confirmed without setting foot outside DC. GOD I LOVE GOOGLE!
    Last edited by Revolutionary; 11-08-08 at 07:31 PM. Reason: oops... miscounted...only 32...
    11-08-08 07:03 PM
    I would be willing to wait 6 weeks to get it for free. I'm entering every chance they give me. $100 gift card wouldn't be bad either. I've got my fingers crossed!
    11-08-08 07:04 PM
    all you lucky mother****ers lol .... well done ... well done
    11-08-08 07:05 PM
    now THAT's a prize I'd like to win! great job guys, congrats!
    11-08-08 07:18 PM
    Congrats to the winners!
    11-08-08 07:30 PM
    Okay, so now that I'm done with the competition, anybody want to satisfy my curiousity? Since I didn't go to NYC for the hunt, but found my clues through deduction and guessing alone, there are a few that I just can't figure out... Anybody with all the clues want to fill in my gaps?

I SOLEMLY PROMISE THAT I'M NOT GOING TO POST THEM ONLINE OR GIVE THEM TO ANYONE. I just want to know so I can know...

PM if you're feeling generous.
    11-08-08 07:35 PM
    Awesome!! Congrats to you. I would be curious to find out how many of those that won were current Verizon customers... Just a thought, but wouldn't it make sense to give them out to non-vzw customers just to get their 2 year data contracts???
    11-08-08 08:19 PM
    Awesome!! Congrats to you. I would be curious to find out how many of those that won were current Verizon customers... Just a thought, but wouldn't it make sense to give them out to non-vzw customers just to get their 2 year data contracts???
    I'm on ATT (looking to change) and entering, am I eligible?
    11-08-08 08:39 PM
    yeah, everyone with a MTN is eligible. Keep entering, and best of luck.
    11-08-08 08:56 PM
    I won as well. I'm a Verizon customer, if anybody was curious, I have been for over 10 years.

I had 38 of the codes. I am hoping after the contest is over someone will post all 45 or people can pool the codes together to make a complete list. I'm very curious to see all of the answers.
    11-08-08 09:00 PM
    asfdskljfldfdf <-------- that's my frustration about not knowing that i could enter if i wasn't in NYC. Guess I know what I'm doing now that the contest is still ongoing.
    11-08-08 09:37 PM
    asfdskljfldfdf <-------- that's my frustration about not knowing that i could enter if i wasn't in NYC. Guess I know what I'm doing now that the contest is still ongoing.
    OUCH you didnt try entering? I didn't even consider it being only open to new york residents, although they should have had a clear advantage especially with the secondary prizes.
    Think we can get a list going as to what you won and where you are from? I am curious how many were from new york. I have read of about 4 other people so far.

Grand prize storm+$50 / Enfield, CT (at least within driving distance of NY)
    11-09-08 11:30 AM
    Guess I should've read the fine print where it never said that I had to be in NYC to win...oh well, entered 32 codes last night...33 this mornin, i'll continue through either winning or the end....hopefully i'm lucky enough that I didn't need the first 2 days to win

Guessing they won't call today since it's sunday, maybe double the drawings tomorrow to make up for it? fingers crossed I get one tomorrow. May have to rush out of my late class if i see my phone ringing with a strange 8xx number lol
    11-09-08 12:00 PM
    Woohoo! I just got the call, too!

"Do you remember entering to win a BlackBerry Storm in the Verizon Wireless Storm Hunt?"

Uh, dude, IT'S ALL I DID ON THURSDAY AFTERNOON (and much of Friday)!

SUUWEEET!!! 4-6 weeks for delivery on the phone (sucks) because "we don't even have them yet," but the $50 gift card will be in mail before that.

To echo OP - I've never won ANYTHING before this (at least nothing based on a drawing or random selection) -- no raffles, no door prizes, no "10th caller," no 1000th customer -- nada.

He called right as Penn State was losing to Iowa (sh*t), so it helped with the sting!

And for the curious: no, I'm not in NYC. I followed the clues from the website to find the locations on google-maps and/or the web, then I guessed at the keywords. Got 32 confirmed without setting foot outside DC. GOD I LOVE GOOGLE!
    Dude, that is awesome, and kudos to you for finding a way around it!
    11-09-08 12:04 PM
    So did you win outright, or did you have to pay taxes, etc?
    11-09-08 12:15 PM
    according to the rules it says we are responsible for all taxes and such, but the guy on the phone said nothing about it. He just asked for the mailing information, an email address and said congrats.

if i see my phone ringing with a strange 8xx number lol
    BTW it was a 908 number that called me not an 8xx. don't know if that will be the same for everyone.
    11-09-08 12:29 PM
204 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD