Every time I save a number it automatically saves it as Work but it is almost always a Mobile.. any way to change this?? For instance, I get a girls digits and type it in and call her so she has my number, then I go back and hit Add to Contacts and the number is next to Work but I would prefer to have it always next to Mobile.

As for now I have to cut and paste it.. there has to be an easier way. Thanks.
    02-10-09 04:00 PM
    I bought the app "SaveAs" and it worked great...on .85. On .99 it isn't working for me. A waste of a few bucks I guess.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 04:40 PM
    I have always wondered about this..I always have to go in and copy and paste as well.....the other thing is there seems to be no "update existing contact" feature..so sometimes when I click on a # and select add to address book, its always starts a new entry.....anyway around this?
    02-10-09 04:48 PM
    I believe it stems from the Blackberry originally being a corporate device , hence the default being "work". I copy and paste like Ghostinashell suggested.
    02-10-09 05:08 PM
    I would have to agree with the above statement... it seems you can take blackberry out of the business market but you cant take the business out the blackberry lol
    02-10-09 05:11 PM
    Every time I save a number it automatically saves it as Work but it is almost always a Mobile.. any way to change this?? For instance, I get a girls digits and type it in and call her so she has my number, then I go back and hit Add to Contacts and the number is next to Work but I would prefer to have it always next to Mobile.

As for now I have to cut and paste it.. there has to be an easier way. Thanks.
    Your Storm has very advanced software and recognizes that the girl's number that you have input is a hooker (working girl) thus the number is automatically filed under work.
    02-10-09 06:00 PM
    Your Storm has very advanced software and recognizes that the girl's number that you have input is a hooker (working girl) thus the number is automatically filed under work.

My boss must be hooking on the side, too. I'll ask him about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 06:46 PM
    I just cut and paste too but the not being able to update drives me crazy... It almost easier to Menu>Forward and copy it from the message... Then cancel the message and update the contact.
    02-10-09 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD