Ok, found something else after loading 5.0. I now getting those 2 errors with each battery pull. I'm running the official 5.0.0.328. I also lost about 10 mb of memory with this version. Any clues?

Kat
    11-02-09 09:22 AM
    I have the same problems. anyone have some insight?
    11-02-09 09:25 AM
    Guess it is just us!
    11-02-09 10:01 AM
    Did you update via Desktop Manager for Mac?
    11-02-09 10:08 AM
    I did. Updated the DM software, did a backup, the upgraded. The whole process seemed to go smoothly, so I don't know what happened.
    11-02-09 10:31 AM
    "I basically figured out how to do a fresh OS install using the Mac version of the Desktop Software. *Here are the steps:
    1.) Backup your data.
    2.) In the Mac version of the Blackberry Desktop software, click Applications, then Check for Updates.
    3.) *Click "Show other versions"
    4.) Select the option labelled "Current Version - Reload" then click Select
    5.) In the next screen, expand the "Reload Options" area and make sure both "Back up and restore device data" and "Back up and restore third-party applications" are unchecked
    6.) Click re-load
    7.) Restore your previous backup
    8.) Re-install third-party applications manually.
    11-02-09 10:43 AM
    Sweet! Let me give that a try. Thanks!
    11-02-09 10:51 AM
    Am I going to have to buy all of my paid apps again?
    11-02-09 10:56 AM
    not when you have backed it up...i would think..
    11-02-09 11:02 AM
    I was on the phone with RIM for three hours doing all the procedures named above. Yes I have a Mac. The issue was not resolved. Received an email from RIM regarding my ticket number preparing to resolve the issue with a follow up phone call but I already replaced my storm at a Verizon store under warrantee.
    11-02-09 11:30 AM
    Just tried it all and no luck. i still get it... IOh, and I guess my hubby gets this. He is still on a v4...
    11-02-09 11:57 AM
    Same Problems:

Verizon/Mac Upgrade to .328 - No Email

I recently upgraded from V4.7 to .328 (Verizon) using the new Mac Blackberry Desktop Manager App. The problem is that I am unable to configure or use email on the phone.

The Email Config App is missing. When I try to send an email from the messages box, it alerts me that no emails are configured. It offers to enter the email setup, but hangs at this point for approx a minute. It then alerts me that the phone is unable to configure any email.

I followed a potential solution using a diagnostics test to no avail. The diagnostics test was run successfully but the Config Email Option did not return.

I suspect the reason is that the Email / BIS part of the upgrade did not occur.

The Following modules (for email setup application) are still noted as version 4.7.0148 by my phone, but 5 by Desktop Manager.

net_rim_bis_client_en (the other modules in other languages all appear upgraded to version 5)
    net_rim_bis_lib

In addition I get the following two error messages upon booting the phone.

Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error
    Uncaugh exception: java.lang.NullPointerException

In addition to trying the solution mentioned above I've also downgraded the phone back to 4.7 and reloaded 5 with the same results.
    Last edited by EqualM; 11-13-09 at 07:58 PM.
    11-13-09 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD