After doing an update of BBmessenger, my storm just died. It just flashes the lights. I have tried to reinstall the OS through the loader but the comm ports are blank. So the computer cant communicate with the phone. I have tried erasing and reinstalling BBdesktop and OS and nothing! HELP
    01-17-10 10:56 PM
    When you use loader, and your pin doesn't show up take your bat out and unplug usb. With bat out plug usb cord in then quickly put battery in when it shows up pin unknown press next quickly and follow prompts from there.

You can find more precise instruction by searching nuked blackberry
    01-18-10 12:12 AM
    This might help.

How do I Recover a Dead BlackBerry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-10 05:28 AM
    weird thing just happened to me. I had the black screen problem. I reinstalled latest update. everything booted up, looked normal and all of a sudden all of my icons and everything else are reversed mirror images. Can you get a virus on this? Can you scan it with your laptop virus protection?
    01-18-10 08:33 PM
    Download Kisses. It's a program that tells you what programs are running in the background and will actually scan for spyware.
    01-18-10 09:27 PM
    Thanks guys, but I have already tried all the steps on how to recover a dead blackberry. I have done it so many times before. Have tried it without the battery! I just don't understand why I don't even get the COM1 or COM3 anymore. Light just flashes.
    Borrowed a computer with XP, already tried everything and nothing. Going to see if jl_cmder recognizes it.
    01-18-10 11:22 PM
    Thanks guys, but I have already tried all the steps on how to recover a dead blackberry. I have done it so many times before. Have tried it without the battery! I just don't understand why I don't even get the COM1 or COM3 anymore. Light just flashes.
    Borrowed a computer with XP, already tried everything and nothing. Going to see if jl_cmder recognizes it.
    I had same thing. Was actually gonna replace mine. I left battery out overnight after trying to un-nuke my storm for six hours. Woke up in the morning and as a last gasp.put bat in and went to make coffee. Came back had white screen with 507 error. Half hour later, up and running. Maybe you can try that. Otherwise I don't know what else to tell ya, but sorry! Good luck. Let me know.
    01-18-10 11:29 PM
    Nuked blackberries are so bad
    02-18-10 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD