Dang... I will have to let my engineer know it is happening there too. That is kind of extreme... Well I am off.
    03-30-09 05:53 AM
    The problem is with Verizon. My wife and I have experienced the same problems on a variety of Verizon phones. The way it was explained to me is the sometimes the messages just circulate from tower to tower eventually getting to you. The best way to fix that is to do the *228 thing at least once a week. This is NOT a Storm specific issue. BTW Irish, I am in Ft Collins CO and have that problem frequently. Part of my Monday morning routine is *228 - if I don't, messages will show up as much as a week late.
    Last edited by Corporatetrainer; 03-30-09 at 09:30 AM.
    03-30-09 09:22 AM
    it's definately starting to seem that way, you would think a phone as capable as this would automatically relocate the nearest tower, that just seems like a basic thing of being a cell phone, doesn't it?
    I hear ya man! But I didn't think I would be doing battery pulls every night either. Oh well... What can you do? I guess we will just have to wait to hear from the techie!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 10:23 AM
    hey, think I just found another thread of a guy having the same problem, not sure if the Global to 1XEV thing works, but its worth a try,

VERIZONTECHIE, could this help??

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...=1#post2132662
    03-31-09 02:07 AM
    Hmmm. So either this is what happened to my spouse's text message today (she claims that in this mystery text she apologized to me for having been so argumentative), or she realizes text messages can go missing like this and waited for me to apologize first so she could claim to have sent one without having actually done so... Diabolical.
    03-31-09 02:39 AM
    OK so i talked to my performance engineer today in our area. We were unable to show any reason for the failures, but we were able to show that there were significant lines that were showing a failure of the phone to reply to a ping from the network. This can be caused by travel (your phone roaming from our network to another and back again), down towers (ones that are bouncing signals that cause data lag), and a couple other scenarios that even I didn't really understand. He is sending that info up the chain and hopefully I will hear more very soon. As for the Global/1XEV... yes that very well could solve SOME issues. What that would do is disable any GSM capabilities from your phone. As I explained prior, the phones are designed to accept CDMA signals as a default. If the phone is set to Global, then GSM would be available if CDMA cannot be found by the phone. (you would know if you were seeing this from a triangle symbol up near the reception icon). The issue we are having here though is different. It is not a reception issue, it is an authentication issue. Again though, I don't have the answers, I just have people looking into it for me now... so sadly, I dont have an ETA on correcting the issue. I was told though that a while back, there was a failure in the authentication server. That was corrected, but I assume (ONLY an assumption, not verified) that some phones now are exhibiting random issues from the authentication server. I will be monitoring these issues on a few select lines in my area that have had the problem most frequently, and let you know what I find out.
    03-31-09 07:05 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD