I got an Alert that I can upgrade to the next available software and it kept telling me that I need to make more room on my Storm for the download. I tried the battery pull and it still kept telling me that I needed to make more room in my device. So, as someone mentioned here, I deleted a bunch of stuff like Epocrates and I was able to download it. Then came time to do the actual UPGRADE and I went ahead and a message came up saying enough Memory was not available and I forget the exact number but I pulled the battery as someone else mentioned here and I tried again and it keeps changing the amount of memory I need to free up. The latest message says "Delete 1.3 MB of personal data then resume upgrade."

I am very unfamiliar with technical talk, so if someone can plainly tell me what I should so I will be extremely grateful. Help????
    Anth
    06-07-09 12:09 AM
    i'd suggest just using Desktop Manager and upgrading that way you can backup your contacts and everything. It did that to me OTA so i gave up on it.
    06-07-09 12:10 AM
    I have no idea how to do that, though....Should I just delete more programs??
    06-07-09 12:11 AM
    Go to Options>Advanced Options>Applications> and delete 1 or 2 Apps that you dont really need or use often.
    That should free up enough space for the upgrade to work
    06-07-09 12:15 AM
    DM guides you through it....
    I have no idea how to do that, though....Should I just delete more programs??
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 12:19 AM
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

go there and from the drop down menu choose BlackBerry Desktop Software v4.7, install it and plug your phone into the computer with the usb cord.

when installed open up the program and do to backup and restore, choose backup and save it to somewhere where you will remember.

go back to main menu then hit application loader and under Update Software select start.

then it will check for different version, choose the 4.7.0.148 and hit next and then i believe it will start updating on its own, it will take a lil bit of time just let it go.

if all the fails you could go to a verizon store and have them do it, if any close to you.
    06-07-09 12:20 AM
    I think I finally got it!!! Thanks guys!!!
    06-07-09 12:27 AM
    NP man. Enjoy!
    06-07-09 01:24 AM
    Look I know that u posted this last year and your probably running OS5.0 right now but this is what I did. With my storm. When it was about to load the OS. Onto my stor. I pulled the usb cable out of the computer jack and the phone was dead. The red light blinked twice each time for about ten minutes and them I plugged it back in. After about ten minutes the computer connected with my phone and it said that there was no OS running. So I installed 5.0 on and when I checked the device memory I still had all the memory I had from when I first bought the phone. I did this with a mac so I'm not sure if it world woth pc. I guarantee that u will have all your memory from when you first bought the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 01:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD