How we put the bb in sleep mode ? Sorry for the question
    01-18-09 08:51 AM
    How we put the bb in sleep mode ? Sorry for the question
    If not mistaken sleep mode can only happen when the phone is in a case or holster. Cases or holsters for blackberries should state that it has sleeper mode function.
    01-18-09 09:04 AM
    If not mistaken sleep mode can only happen when the phone is in a case or holster. Cases or holsters for blackberries should state that it has sleeper mode function.
    It's functionally equivalent to "standy mode." You can put BB on standby mode by pressing the mute key.
    01-18-09 09:15 AM
    Cant put the storm to standby with the mute key at least not at the moment
    01-18-09 10:43 AM
    Sorry, I'm a bold owner and was speaking from that perspective.
    01-18-09 10:47 AM
    When in clock mode (which happens automatically when plugged into any kind of charger), click anywhere on the screen and select "enter bedside mode" (or whatever the choice is exactly).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 10:57 AM
    When in clock mode (which happens automatically when plugged into any kind of charger), click anywhere on the screen and select "enter bedside mode" (or whatever the choice is exactly).

You are correct, the wording is "Enter Bedside Mode". This function is to keep your bb on the clock screen kind of like the alarm clock by your bed. Its not really a standby mode though.
    01-18-09 11:20 AM
    it's not really automatic if you've changed that option though!

go into the clock and then click the screen and go into options.. there you can change if you want it to go into bedside mode when charging or not. i changed mine to do nothing because i was traveling and using the verizon navigator and needed to plug it in to charge.

01-18-09 11:29 AM
    what i don't get is sometimes i wake up and it's back on the homescreen and not showing the clock after i've put it in bedside mode the night before.

You are correct, the wording is "Enter Bedside Mode". This function is to keep your bb on the clock screen kind of like the alarm clock by your bed. Its not really a standby mode though.
    01-18-09 11:30 AM
    ok so when i go to clock and switch to , "enter bedside mode" is the clock suppose to stay on the screen or will the screen go dim?
    01-19-09 12:31 PM
    ok so when i go to clock and switch to , "enter bedside mode" is the clock suppose to stay on the screen or will the screen go dim?
    It's supposed to stay on your screen.
    01-19-09 12:33 PM
    if plugged in, it stays on the screen but dim

if not, it fades away
    01-19-09 12:33 PM
    so what is standby mode then?
    Last edited by thegosling; 01-19-09 at 12:43 PM.
    01-19-09 12:36 PM
    so what is standby mode then?
    Standby is what the Storm should have but doesn't (manually triggered, that is).

In Standby, such as when the Storm detects a sleeper magnet in a case/holster, the screen turns off, radio remains on (so you receive calls and emails), and pressing the front/side/buttons/screen does not turn the screen on.
    01-19-09 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD