Hello all, I just joined the site...

I haven't exactly gotten my bb yet, but today is the day! My GF just upgraded her phone to a Curve 8330 a couple weeks ago and she and I both love it...

but since Verizon is offering a bogo right now, I think we can go back to Verizon and get me a Storm for just the upcharge of the Curve to Storm. So basically what we're hoping is that we can return her BB curve, buy me the Storm and then she gets her Curve under the BOGO for free... Hope that's right.

At any rate, where do I find the latest info about the Storm as all I can find online are some older reviews that aren't exactly praising it. Since it's older info, perhaps the Storm is much better than it was a few months ago.

Some of the early criticisms I've been reading about are the clumsy touchscreen is not as accurate as other BB's, light leaks around the edges, software is clutzy, and some other things not very praiseworthy.

Bottom line, I'm wondering if teh Storm is that much better than the Curve which i really like. I have an older LG 8100 (I think that's what it is, model name not visible on outside case) so I'm like soooooo ready for an upgrade.

Thanks in advance for any help in the right direction!
    02-19-09 11:46 AM
    It depends. If you like a physical keyboard then you'll need some getting used to. The browser is fast, look is nice and it isnt as slow as people rant. Plus the full App Store is launching and an big update is coming soon.
    02-19-09 11:52 AM
    I think a touchscreen would be really cool. It's not like ive been using a regular bb for so long I'd have to learn new habits...
    I wonder how different the browser is than the Curve's browser for example...
    02-19-09 12:45 PM
    I'm liking my Storm more and more each day that I have it. Yes it has taken some getting used to, (For Example: texting was hard for me at first because I don't exactly have small fingers.) but with usage and patience I am finding better ways to use it.

I say get the storm (check the screen click before leaving*) and try it out for the first 30 days. If you don't like it, return it.

* My screen was defective, it was really tight and did not click in the corners**. Had it switched out the day after I got it in the mail.

** This is one of the common physical problems.
    Last edited by jrod82; 02-19-09 at 02:06 PM.
    02-19-09 01:20 PM
    thanks for the heads up on the screen, I'll check that. Is the browser supposed to be faster on the storm than the curve or is it about the same?
    02-19-09 01:51 PM
    I've already found out that I won't be able to synch my contacts with my mac at home or work. But that wouldn't be too big a deal, I don't have a huge amount of contacts. But will I be able to DL music files from my GF's computers' iTunes the way I have set up her Curve with hers?

In other words can you have multiple BB users on one computer?
    02-19-09 02:27 PM
    thanks for the heads up on the screen, I'll check that. Is the browser supposed to be faster on the storm than the curve or is it about the same?
    they run on the same data connection so its not a function of "speed" but more user interface and graphic size and physical size of the screen. in landscape mode the screen is gigantic! if you had the curve you'd get maybe 2/3rds of that, thats the sacrifice for having a keyboard. with the storm you can swipe and hide the keyboard at any time and utilize the full screen for viewing.
    02-19-09 02:31 PM
    yea u can. u actually can sync ur info with ur mac. theres a program out there called pocket mac that lets u sync ur bb with ur mac. if u use ur gfs computer u can definitely have more than one bb synced at a time. if ur not syncing music with DRMs on them then its faster just to drag and drop on to the phone using a card reader or pulling the phone up in my computer. media sync in bb desktop manager is sooooooo slow and takes forever. also u can do the BOGO thing wit the phone. ull just pay the difference and the cost of the rebate.
    02-19-09 02:36 PM
    that's good to know about the browser interface. Thanks for that. I can't wait to see it in person...

BTW, regarding the quote in your sig, Jack Nicklaus always said, "Practice does not make perfect, PERFECT practice makes perfect!"
    02-19-09 02:43 PM
    well I just got it!
    beautiful hardware, the first impression, next impression of course is boy is thing hard to type on, hope I'll get used to it. Not the smallest fingers in the world but not the largest either. I can see how having tiny fingers would really be a benefit as I learn how to type on it...
    02-19-09 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD