Hi, cmplete noob and not particularly tech savvy so sorry in advance for the dumb questions.

I don't seem to be able to send anything to my phone via bluetooth. I've searched via the setup thing and found my laptop, my other phone and even a mate's phone, and it all says I'm connected, but whenever I try to send stuff (ringtones) tothe phone it won't allow me. I think I've got everything set to enable in the properties for the other devices. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks if anyone has any advice.

Oh and I have tried to send a photo from the phone to my laptop: it does connect and start to send but it took 2 minutes to send 8%. Carrying on at that rate it would take over twenty minutes to send one picture. That's pretty slow isn't it?
    Last edited by maxib; 01-14-09 at 03:01 PM.
    01-14-09 02:52 PM
    Sorry you haven't gotten any responses Max. I haven't fooled with the Bluetooth on mine at all.
    01-14-09 03:01 PM
    LOL thanks. I did post another question which got no answers too - hope I'm posting in the right place..
    01-14-09 03:03 PM
    Bump... Can anyone help with this quesiton?
    01-14-09 03:27 PM
    I connected mine bluetooth, but use with DM via bluetooth to move files is that the same, or are you using windows. Yes bluetooth is slow.
    01-14-09 03:54 PM
    If you're on the VZ Network they have disabled pretty much everything other than contact. Contqacts are the only thing you can exchange via bluetooth
    01-14-09 04:01 PM
    ok i use the curve 8900, and to send wallpapers or ringtones via blue tooth, go into your media file and push the menu key (blackberry button) on my phone so whatever u have to push to bring up that menu do it, then find RECEIVE USING BLUETOOTH and ur phone will allow you to accept incoming transfers, one its sent save it and there u go... hope this helps have any question feel free to pm me
    01-14-09 04:47 PM
    You need to tell your phone to receive via bluetooth like the previous poster said. For some reason, BB's don't just receive.
    01-14-09 05:25 PM
    That's great! Thanks so much for the help guys, works fine to receive now!
    01-16-09 03:29 AM
    Glad you got the help you needed. I weak on the bluetooth topic also.
    01-16-09 08:04 AM
    i'm a noob is well I dont use a bluetooth and I wish I could help you.
    01-16-09 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD