Hello all!

I've got a problem that has been a bit difficult to troubleshot. None of my led's work, not the red one, the green one, the blue one, nor the camera flash. I specifically checked that bedside mode was off. Even after a battery pull, the red light does not come on.

I am currently running Lyricidal's .530 hybrid. Prior to that, I had his .497 hybrid on. I know the lights were not working on that OS as well. Before that, I has the official .328. Unfortunately, I am not sure when the led's stopped working. It might have been before, during, or after the load for .497, which was a couple of weeks ago. I haven't seen anybody else note any trouble with the led's on these OS's

Around this time, I also disassembled my storm. I wanted to re-balance the case screws and check that the little silicon-like nubs were still in place on all four corners of the screen. I fixed my clicking problems that way (No more business card. Yeah!) but might I have committed an error that damaged or disconnected the led's?
    Last edited by hawkjm73; 03-07-10 at 12:20 PM.
    03-07-10 08:19 AM
    i am having the same problem just upgraded to .419 and also took mine apart, to clean after spilling tea on it. but i know its not from the water damage as it was working fine until i upgraded and took apart not sure which one did it also my light on the buttons stopped working too
    03-07-10 09:47 AM
    Well, I seem to have fixed it. I couldn't see how two different OS's could be causing a problem that would have had nearly everybody yammering about it, so I disassembled my Storm again. There are two ribbon connectors on the board that overlap each other, as well as an antenna connector. When I disconnected these and reconnected, I discovered that the lower connector can feel like it has clicked into place, while it can still be pushed in further. This cable runs around to the front of the board and appears to have connections to the led's up on the top of the phone. I pushed the connector until I was certain it was fully seated, then when I replaced the battery I got my red booting light. Hooray! All the led's are working now, indicator, camera flash, and button backlight. So, for any with complete led failure, check that lower cable!
    03-07-10 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD