Ha!

They are going to have to have these babies CONNECTED!

I am going to have to go in to a store and stand there for an hour and play with a Storm to know if I like it or not.

So, will BB's iPhone killer have units out on a display booth in stores that are 'live' just like the iPhone did in stores? (and still does in Apple stores)

Because its locked to a network (which I'm not on ) and if they DONT have display booths with Storms to play with, grumpy store sales clerks could sink this phone..
    11-01-08 05:31 PM
    good question, I'd like to know this as well. And at rogers they have a little booth with 1 iphone on it for people to play with. And there is always a kid there playing lol!! why would they want to not sell it though? I mean I don't think they would be bothered by people asking about the phone or wanting alot of info. but I'm sure they will be because alot of folks will be asking and NOT wanting to buy. that's annoying lol!
    11-01-08 05:34 PM
    VZW stores phones are activated for use on the VZW network. So all things being said the phone in the store is full functional.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-08 05:36 PM
    omg you all are insane stop it there is no WIFI end there stores will have it connected just like all there models and then there will a few dummie phones to nothing differnt

11-01-08 05:36 PM
    are you trying to say? We understand there is no WIFI and I don't have VZW so I was just as interested to know how they would show it as well. But the phones don't work in our telus store either so there ya go I guess. They figure if you want it you will get it if not then you will not. lol!

omg you all are insane stop it there is no WIFI end there stores will have it connected just like all there models and then there will a few dummie phones to nothing differnt

11-01-08 05:50 PM
    most authorized re-sellers (I speak for rogers and bell) keep them connected all the time usually as most bb's dont have wifi so I don't see much of a difference here
    11-01-08 05:57 PM
    Well, that's seriously too bad about your Telus location. I, personally, won't buy any phone unless I've had a chance to handle a functioning device. Luckily, all of the Verizon stores that I've ever known in Georgia, Tennessee, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts have functioning devices for the customers to get familiar with.

For some places like Best Buy that I've seen only having dummy phones on display, with the exception of the iPhone 3G, I have no idea how they manage to sell phones. Unless, Best Buy, of course, does have functioning devices hidden away. I recall one Best Buy employee approaching me concerning phones and asking me if I needed any assistance. I told her, "yeah, I might be interested if I were actually able to see it working." She apologized.

The Verizon dealer that I regularly frequent is actually one of the kiosks that they have set-up in Circuit City stores across the USA. Obviously, they have nowhere near the floor space to display all of their available phones, so they randomly change out the phones that are displayed, but they still keep a plastic bucket under the counter that has every available phone that can be purchased through Verizon's network.

And... every phone that is on-site at the Verizon kiosk is fully functional and works off of the Verizon network. You can even make calls from their display phones. I watched a kid make a call to his mother about a week ago from one of the display phones.

I just think it'd be silly to purchase any phone with getting some hands-on time with it first.

CC
    11-01-08 06:07 PM
    I know I've gone to a Telus store before and they phones would take pics and video and things like that so I'm not sure what has happened. I'm sure a Telus employee will have one so maybe they will share, but who knows maybe they will do something so we are able to play with the phone and see the enjoyment. lol!! I always to go the Telus at Woodbine mall since it is fairly close to my home. So maybe I should see about another store to see if it has user capability.
    11-01-08 06:48 PM
    Every single Verizon corporate store I've gone to has had activated cell phones for you to try. It's only AT&T and Apple stores that turn on WIFI on the iPhones and then tell you it's browsing on the super fast 3G network. Losers!
    11-01-08 06:58 PM
    Well all cool then.

I just couldn't see Brit stores allowing hands on with handsets that could call Australia, Japan Pakistan etc!!!

And if Storm is to be a mass market phone, it follows that masses of people will need to get their hands on it.

Just wondering in advance how the in store promotion might go...

All exciting!!

11-02-08 01:40 AM
    Well all cool then.

I just couldn't see Brit stores allowing hands on with handsets that could call Australia, Japan Pakistan etc!!!

And if Storm is to be a mass market phone, it follows that masses of people will need to get their hands on it.

All exciting!!

They could activate the data only, which would solve the problem of long-distance dialing.
    11-02-08 01:52 AM
    Well all cool then.

All exciting!!

well i don't think many people make calls to foreign countries on demo phones, plus you wouldn't be able to talk because in vodafone stores they are clamped down to the table.
    11-02-08 03:56 AM
    IPhone display models are "tethered" (no pun intended) to a security cable so you can pick it up.

Can we start a "Storm on a string" action group here?

Ooops nurse is here, time for my meds.....

11-02-08 04:22 AM
    This is The Storm Liberation Society....

11-02-08 06:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD