I have found that while tethered to a laptop, my Storm still receives calls; however, it will not ring out loud. I only notice the calls if I happen to be actually looking at the Storm screen when they come in. Does anyone know of a fix for this? Thanks!
    01-14-09 10:07 AM
    I don't think there is a fix, as this is how it works. It was explained to me when I looked at the tethering option.
    01-14-09 10:10 AM
    I have found that while tethered to a laptop, my Storm still receives calls; however, it will not ring out loud. I only notice the calls if I happen to be actually looking at the Storm screen when they come in. Does anyone know of a fix for this? Thanks!
    Are you usung custom ringtomes that are stored on the SD card? If so then that is your issue. when the phone is plugged into the computer the phone loses access tot he card. this is because thecomputer has locked the card down as removeable media.
    01-14-09 10:14 AM
    Are you usung custom ringtomes that are stored on the SD card? If so then that is your issue. when the phone is plugged into the computer the phone loses access tot he card. this is because thecomputer has locked the card down as removeable media.
    Thanks for the suggestion! It worked . . . kind of. It turns out custom ringtones wouldn't work for me, on the storage card or device memory. Yet, when I switched back to one of the pre-installed Blackberry ringtones, it worked fine. Since I was just looking for a quick-fix, that's fine with me for now. Thanks again!
    01-14-09 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD